SCALE - LTV Scout Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
Almost forgot this beauty ,my LTV Scout....an exclusive kit by Sandman "Gordon Agnello" Roachwerks.

The pictures pretty much say it all !!

Paul

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0107.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great pics of a beautiful model. I really have to get mine started! :smile:

Paul, as usual beautiful!

The LTV Scout is a strange looking rocket. People either love it or hate it.

I wish mine still looked that good but after 6 flights she id showing her age.

That's OK, 'cause the original was only designed to fly once.:rolleyes:

Here's my original prototype

ltv scoutdecals.jpg

Wow, great pics of a beautiful model. I really have to get mine started! :smile:

I must say ,this was a VERY enjoyable build ,and the fit of parts and quality made things go smooth a silk.Those miles and miles of tunnel covers were not even that bad.Again ,it`s another museum piece..........

unless Gordy makes me another ;)

Paul

Beautiful.
Tell us all about the paint and finishing, please.

It was pretty simple (for once ;) )

DupliColor filler primer ,sanded 320.Then I used RustOleum`s Professional gloss white fast dry enamel (first time I used it and would recommend it to anyone) 4 coats and same paint for the fins.Used Tremclad clear gloss over the decals...BUT....some very small portions of the decals "rippled" or recacted with the decals ,but I think I got a little "ham fisted" with the clear spray.Lighter ,multiple coats would most likely not cause this (it was October and getting cold outside so I was in a bit of a rush )
Again ,the reaction was minimal.I also bought some assorted decals from SIRIUS Rocketry (hatch covers ,warning labels and assorted markings)and added these where appropriate.

Cheers

Paul

Hate it?! Blasphemy!

Indeed ,if history is correct ,the last person burned at the stake in Salem for being deemed a heretic....was heard uttering those exact words in a small crowd of the wrong people !

Paul

Please note the Estes LTV Scout enthusiasts circa :1692 pictured below

imagesCAD8X4IS.jpg

Last edited:
Really great looking model Paul! Sandman does some very nice things with kits.

I have an original Estes LTV Scout in the bag but just can't bring myself to build it.
Only Scale I have currently is the LTV Scout-B in micro scale. and screwed that Up by forgetting the external ducts until it was all but finished. Doh! I've started to add them on several occasions but just don't want to have to repaint the thing;)

Really great looking model Paul! Sandman does some very nice things with kits.

I have an original Estes LTV Scout in the bag but just can't bring myself to build it.
Only Scale I have currently is the LTV Scout-B in micro scale. and screwed that Up by forgetting the external ducts until it was all but finished. Doh! I've started to add them on several occasions but just don't want to have to repaint the thing;)

Thanks John.Your Mico LTV looks pretty darn nice itself ! Indeed ,Sandman is a huge asset to me and the rocketry community.

You have an original Estes LTV ? :eek: Put it on the for sale forum ,so I can buy it ;)

Cheers

Paul

Back