HOMEMADE EXPERIMENT 2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdvancedAeron

Reaction score
Hello you may have seen my other post at
https://www.rocketryplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6795
I am no longer active in that thread. To many nay sayers.

So I opened this thread with the intention of getting advice from you guys.

If you are one of the naysayers that inspired this thread I beg you not to post here.
(NOTE I AM MAKING THIS THREAD DO TO THE 9-9 TIE IN THE POLL)

Thanks
Davis Out

Last edited:
Now you are 32 years old? I saw your profile on that webs site about an hour ago and your listed age was 48. Now it's listed as 32. I'm not talking about that screen shot posted on RP. I saw it with my own eyes.

What exactly is it you are trying to pull here? You are long on posts and words but very short on details.

As stated in another forum I think this is either a scam or a troll. :hot:

Well ok then. I'll just repost my statement from the last one:

'so you think we should cut a whole in the middle and put them in the center?

Thanks

Davis Out

Dude, seriously? Was that meant as a real question? I really hope this is nothing more than a hoax being played on us by someone who actually knows what they're doing.. In case it's not:

I have a question I don't believe anyone has asked yet- Why? Why do you want to launch a porta-potty? What exactly is the objective here? What is it you're trying to accomplish? Are you just trying to prove you can stick a motor in something and make it fly, or is there a legitimate objective here?

If it's the former, look up a show called Master Blasters. They pretty much prove you can make anything fly, regardless of whether it's supposed to or not. If the latter, then what's the logic/reasoning behind launching a porta-potty?

In case this thread gets used as evidence in court later on, I'd like to go on record as saying this is a bad idea. I checked out your website, and it looks like none of you have any real experience in rocketry, let alone high power rocketry. Hollywood FX doesn't count as rocketry experience. Your question above, "So you think we should cut a whole (sic) in the middle and put them in the center?" tells me you've given no thought as to how this is actually going to work and that you have absolutely no experience flying rockets. These aren't toys we're playing with here man. These things are dangerous if not used properly.

Maybe I should encourage you. I mean the worst that can happen is a little more chlorination of the gene pool, right? Unfortunately it's the others I'm more worried about.

No offense, but most of us TRA and NAR folks take anything that might make us look bad pretty seriously. While you personally aren't affiliated with either NAR or TRA, this is exactly the type of project that has the distinct possibility of gaining us the exact kind of attention we don't want. Perhaps you could get "JONATHON MORGAN-ROCKETRY ADVISOR" to poke his head on here and give us his qualifications?

Oh- You asked where to get industrial motors? Try NASA. They can help you out with that industrial type stuff. Even Space X might be willing to lend a hand.

Get off this and any other rocket related forums this is a joke and you are going to make a mockery of yourself

If the creation of proper, pressure-rated aluminum casings, a TRA membership, and level 2 certification is too much of a financial and restrictive burden, as you have continuously stated elsewhere, then I'll be surprised if this ever even gets to the point where it is something to worry about.

EDIT: And by the way, we're not "naysayers." We're a group of people genuinely concerned for the safety of you, others, and our hobby, and want to make sure that if this is done, it is done correctly. But, you haven't been confidence inspiring. At all.

Last edited:
Are you buying the port-a-potty new or used?

Can we see some videos of your 6 (7-1) "successful" rocket motors?

Have you met as a group to discuss the logistics of this project?

I want to see some photos of something!!! Anything!!! A picture of you and this "team" having a beer or pretending to design something?!?

Have you thought about stability? Im sure a port-o-potty has built in fins that will pop out when you hit the button but in case that fails you "might" want to try adding some fins....but wait....im sure you knew that!

Remember PHOTOS!!!!!

I know you think you're getting a lot of naysayers, but consider this...

You, an unknown in this hobby, have come in and made an announcement that you're going to tackle a project that's on the extreme end of what we do. A project that a lot of people, with a lot of experience, wouldn't go near.

Add to that the fact that the first attempt by someone to do it was a spectacular failure, and it's not surprising that you're getting a lot of skeptecism.

From the sounds of it, you have little or no experience making motors, and little or no rocketry experience.

Do you have any idea what such a rocket is going to weigh? How much thrust it's going to take just to get it off the ground? How much thrust to provide enough velocity for stable flight?

Or how big of a parachute it's going to take? Or what it takes to deploy a parachute of that size (trust me, it's a big parachute)?

Start providing some real answers to some of those questions, instead of "we're going to research it" and you may well find that the reactions you get from people will change.

Remember, you're dealing with a niche hobby (under 10,000 dedicated participants in the US), and you've declared a goal that puts you in a dedicated minority of that niche. There are maybe 100 of us who've done it with any degree of success.

-Kevin

He is, of course, a kid who thinks it's funny to post this kind of stuff.

Have you seen anything at all that would make you think otherwise? I haven't.

I'm not worried at all. This "project" is nothing more than posts on the internet and a few names typed into a web page wizard, and that's all it will ever be.

Now you are 32 years old? I saw your profile on that webs site about an hour ago and your listed age was 48. Now it's listed as 32. I'm not talking about that screen shot posted on RP. I saw it with my own eyes.

His YouTube account says he's 29. :confused2:

Phil

AAyt.png

His YouTube account says he's 29. :confused2:

Phil

He has a random age generator where he sets up an account. Then lies about it when caught. I think he's gone, cleaning the poo off his shoe wondering what to do.

At least he should know how to spell "Rocetry". That would be a good start on his quest for levitating portapotty fame. :eek:

You have to admit ,that was different.

Rod Serling lives !!

Quote: There is a fifth dimension,beyond that which is known to man.It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.It is the middle ground between light and shadow,between science and superstition.

Paul

And THAT is why we are all laughing at the OP. That portapotty in that video was probably flown on something in the K or L range but the OP wants to do not only FOUR motors but four motors that are probably EIGHT TIMES larger than that. So imagine thrust 32 times larger than that spinning around 200 or 300 feet in the air slamming into the ground under thrust...Yeah, that doesn't sound dangerous at all.

-Dave

Hello you may have seen my other post at
https://www.rocketryplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6795
I am no longer active in that thread. To many nay sayers.

So I opened this thread with the intention of getting advice from you guys.

If you are one of the naysayers that inspired this thread I beg you not to post here.
(NOTE I AM MAKING THIS THREAD DO TO THE 9-9 TIE IN THE POLL)

Thanks
Davis Out

Launch anywhere near Hampton Roads and I will make sure the proper authority's investigate you fully. Its guys like you that make the ATF think they need to regulate us to death.

Latest posts

Back