Rocksim9 question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsox15

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am just playing around with rocksim and have design a two stage I to H rocket. It is stable and flies well but I am having trouble with stage separation. It seems that the stages separate at the set delay time of the booster engine. Can this be changed so that the separation and ignition of the second stage happen sooner?

Matt

Ideally; you want to drop the dead weight( the booster) as soon as possible to attain the greatest altitude. What you could do is add an ignition delay of the sustainer motor. I would go no more than 2 sec tops unless you're pulling 20g's + on liftoff. With that in mind you better be sure that the motor comes up to pressure right away.

JD

Hi all,

I am just playing around with rocksim and have design a two stage I to H rocket. It is stable and flies well but I am having trouble with stage separation. It seems that the stages separate at the set delay time of the booster engine. Can this be changed so that the separation and ignition of the second stage happen sooner?

Matt

Hi all,

I am reopening this thread posing the same question as originally stated in the thread. I am playing around with Rocksim in my spare time (when Im not doing schoolwork) and am working on a two stage rocket. Now with the stage separation it seems like it only occurs after the booster delay ends and on some motors the delay is 10+ seconds and by then the rocket has stopped climbing. Now I know ideally that stage separation should happen after booster burnout (thank you JDCluster for mentioning that) but how can you simulate that on rocksim?

Matt

You can manually type whatever delay you want.

You can manually type whatever delay you want.

wow I feel really dumb right now :bangpan: out of all the things I tried, I did not try the thing that seemed most obvious. Thanks

Matt

You think you're feeling dumb? I modified all my motor files to include a 0 delay... :bang:

Back