Mosqueto bt-50 based

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlaineC

Reaction score
ok so I was board and had the parts so i built a bt50 based mosqueto. now my question in this. should i go for 18mm or 24mm mmt.

18mm. You can use anything from 1/2A to C with it. If you used a 24mm mount, even a D12-7 would take it to nearly 2000 feet, and anything bigger than that will shred.

Much as I hate to do it.... I have to agree that 18mm is probably the way to go.

Of course you could always fly it on a D10..... :D

Much as I hate to do it.... I have to agree that 18mm is probably the way to go.

Of course you could always fly it on a D10..... :D

Why not go 24mm and then use a 18mm adapter to increase the range of possible engines you could launch it on. Who knows, you might want to send it to the moon if you were launching on a large field but still keep the option of the smaller motors for small fields or less than ideal conditions.

Why not go 24mm and then use a 18mm adapter to increase the range of possible engines you could launch it on. Who knows, you might want to send it to the moon if you were launching on a large field but still keep the option of the smaller motors for small fields or less than ideal conditions.

Yes I have to agree with NjCo. 24mm and you can use an adapter for 18mm.:D

Char:
If your building it in BT-50 anyway, I'd build an 18mm adaptor along with it so you can fly it on any motor you happen to have that fits the field your flying;)
these 3 ring adaptors are standard Range motor box equipment around my house....Yeah I know they ain't micro....LOL!

24mm to 18mm motor adapters-sm_3-ring_02-10-90.JPG

Back