Does Vaughn Brothers still make nose cones?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bone Daddy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Vaughn Brothers BT-80 nose cone. Uncle Mike's lists them as out of stock. No one else seems to sell them.

Once again my memory has failed me...... it was Discount Rocketry where I saw them and they are out of stock, so I'm guessing they are forever out of stock.

Once again my memory has failed me...... it was Discount Rocketry where I saw them and they are out of stock, so I'm guessing they are forever out of stock.

Possibly, but I think they acquired the rights to Vaughn Bros products. I would advise contacting them as they are among the best vendors that you can deal with.

Does Estes only sell the one BT-80 nose cone? The one that looks like a Big Bertha? It's all I can seem to find.

Surely there must be a selection (more than 1?) BT-80 Olgive nose cone. I found one that is 9" long, but I'd prefer something in the 6" range like the Vaughn Brothers offered.

Oh yeah, must be plastic (unless someone will volunteer to prep a balsa nose cone so it looks like plastic. I've seen you do it).

What is the diameter of BT-80?

Go to www.balsamachining.com.

On the home page select, Kits & Building Supplies.

Scroll down the page to; Body Tubes.

Find T-80. Balsamachining doesn't use BT (Body Tube), they use "T", for tube.

The measurements for a T-80 are 2.600 inches outside diameter(O.D.) and 2.558 inches inside diameter (I.D.).

To convert to metrics, multiply 2.600 by 25.4.There are 25.4 mm in one inch.

2.600 inches X 25.4 mm = 66.04 mm

Most folks will round that down to 66 mm.

Last edited:
I can make any size you want in balsa, basswood, foam or foam/epoxy/fiberglass.

Email me through my website listed below.

Thank you. I was hoping to find one that was a bit shorter. If I can't, it looks real good.

Back