XPRS, wow, it was great...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jraice

Reaction score
For those of you that couldnt make it out to blackrock this year, that is to bad because my first time out there was awsome!!! I got there around 3 on friday for XPRS and it was raining and cloudy, very very windy. After finding the launch site my dad and I just stayed in the car the entire time. Saturday had clear sky's but was cold from the wind. There were several awsome flights. One small rocket powered by a long burn N1100 (CTI motor) came off the pad in the strong winds with an angle close to 45 degrees, it then started to cartwheel, I thought it would go out of control into the flight line but it actually did a complete cartwheel and kept on going at a 45 degrees angle. There were also many M and N flights that were awsome... including an N2500-N2000 two stager. To bad the test flight of the all in 100K failed, no O motors in the air, but we did get an EX O motor static firing :D . The vendors were great, very helpful, I didnt deal to much with the motor vendors (flew and didnt bring rockets) but I chatted and they were nice. Bob Fortune was a very nice person and great vendor. I picked up almost everything I needed to finish off our freedom won. We gave him some leftover waters and coolers and he gave us an extra 66" chute, rail buttons and some "remove before flight" ribbons. Thanks Bob! This launch was huge and I wish I could have gone from BALLS to tommorrows EX launch. It was great, POST SOME PICS!!!

Almost forgot about shockcords.com... they were onsite and all they sell is shockcords so of course they dont have a huge setup but but they were very helpful. One thing that isnt seen on the site is the fact that they sell both mil spec and climbing spec TN. I love climbing spec but have never seen any climbing spec 1". He had it and it was on sale. I was planning on getting some rocketrage cords (nice stuff) but the launch is in three weeks, his stuff is climbing spec which I love and on sale (20%). He also showed me how easy a quick link fit on 1" TN and how to connect two pieces for parachute attachment. I got two set's of a 30' and a 3', the 30' and 3' are attached by a link and the chute (one for main, one for drogue) are attached to the link as well. Thanks for the help and great deal on the cords!!!

hey next to shockcords.com was sfsm. do u remember seeing the n2500 shred. that was my dad and we were at sfsm

You are the stitch girl, correct? Nice fligh with the saucers on the EM motors... how did that I90 hybrid fly? We left after the large halo hybrid launch. To bad about the N2500 CATO

the 1-90 did not fill all they way so it went about 600 ft when it should have gone 6000 ft. but it was sorta cool.lol
thanx about the snitch its way cool on the i540

A CTI I540? When did that fly? I just saw the several flights of some saucers on ellis mountain motors. I plan on building a small saucer for next time I go to black rock (I have to fly there, a saucer needs no tools to prep and fits in a backpack)

i only flew ellis mountain there.
but i have flowen it on sky ripper motors before. thats way cool on srs.
the I540 is the bowling ball motor.

I flew my 3 inch Public Enemy Performer on an I154-M the all green one, my PML Phobos on an H97-M and a G64-7, my Initiator on an G64-7 and the new G79-S with a payload bay full of candy, my scarth built saucer on an E12-8, my Quest Zeinth II on a C6-0 to a C6-5, my Scartch build canted motor rocket on two A10-3, and my Estes Alpha three on an C6-5 to for the C class parachute duration which I won and a A6-4.

I saw "Snitch Girl" Fly fly an Estes Snitch on some Ellis mountain I motor there.

There was Richard Hagens Cloud rocket which was very cool even though the cloud didn't hang around that long.

Rob got this L3 too. Congrat Rob on getting your L3.

So mainy great flights and to mainy to name and those are just a few of the flights I remember.

I do remember the green rocket. Nice flight! That initiator was yours? Cool... see you next year, I hope I can go again, it really is different then the 6-7 M's a year flown at my club.

Originally posted by jraice
I do remember the green rocket. Nice flight! That initiator was yours? Cool... see you next year, I hope I can go again, it really is different then the 6-7 M's a year flown at my club.

Thanks it was a great flight both my Performer and Initiator with the candy was mine. I might be at October Skies. Well I've seen your pic in the TCC newsletter but I didn't see you XPRS. But thats all good I'll probably be up there again next year.

here are my pix from XPRS.

we had a bunch of great flights. probably the favorite was either the Triple Crayon on K185 (sorry no picture of that one) or the EX J330.

Originally posted by cls
here are my pix from XPRS.

we had a bunch of great flights. probably the favorite was either the Triple Crayon on K185 (sorry no picture of that one) or the EX J330.

Great pictures Cliff!!! Thanks for the cd with all the pictures.

Back