Estes - Wolverine Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
One of my only Soviet flagged rockets. the Wolverine is a classic design that needed to be built.
A smallish downscale at T3 (.375") diameter, is only 4.5inchs long. Needless to say with an Ewt of 4.5g and a LOWt of 5.6grams this little bugger really moves. Far to quick for my camera to catch anything other then smoke LOL!

Can say enough about Rustoleum #7172 Metallic Silver, What a great Metal flake rattlecan find!
Fun flying downscale!

Post copied with permission

Attachments

• MM 368-a_MM T3 Wolverine Side Decaled_05-08-10.jpg
    MM 368-a_MM T3 Wolverine Side Decaled_05-08-10.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 49
  • MM 368-cp05_MM Wolverine 7172 Metallic Silver_05-01-10.JPG
    MM 368-cp05_MM Wolverine 7172 Metallic Silver_05-01-10.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 49
  • MM 368-cp06b_MM T3 WolverineTopFrt Decaled_05-08-10.jpg
    MM 368-cp06b_MM T3 WolverineTopFrt Decaled_05-08-10.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
John, I though you needed a little company on this threat... I received this original Wovering from a friend of mine who never finished it. I do not know how old it is. I went on getting decals printed for it and now it awaits for its maiden flight. For some reason the motor mount is a little too small to accept the Mini Motors.... have to look into that later.

Enjoy! :cool:

I had a Wolverine in high school, but never flew it, and if not for a snippet of film on a family movie, I'd have forgotten it completely. I cloned one as soon as I discovered BMS, but used basswood for the fins, which makes it wiggly in flight.

EstesWolverineonporch.jpg

EstesWolverineonBigFootpad.jpg

EstesWolverinecloneatMoescher.jpg

Right about this time last year I did a step by step on how to make a downscale cardstock Wolverine.

Here's the blog link to the entire series:
https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/search/label/Wolverine

It's BT-5 based and only 6 5/8" tall.
I've flown it with 1/2A3-4t and A3-4t engines with great success.
It just needs a little nose weight.

The PDF plans are hosted on Wayne Hills Rocketry Blog at:
https://rocketry.wordpress.com/ultimate-paper-rocket-guide/paper-rocket-partial-builds/
(Scroll down towards the bottom)

The only balsa filling is on the nose cone, a trimmed up Semroc BNC-522P. The body wrap goes around a BT-5 and the fins are cardstock ply.
Print, build and fly!

Wolverine Pic_WEB.jpg

Latest posts

Back