SCALE - F8 Crusader Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The other end of my "Bookend" 1/72nd Scale PMC's is the small Cheap Revell F8-E Crusader kit. Only found one at the hobby shop when I purchased it. expected the kit to be lacking in details & weapons but was very please to discover it has a decent amount of both. With just a little work closing some ill fitting seams and deciding this one would have to "fly" wheels up I had enough to make this a fairly interesting model. To get enough nose weight to move the CG far enough forward it's kind of close to the limits of lift on an A10-3T motor. With it's rear ejection drag-out pod & 12" Dry cleaner bag chute the model's Ewt at 95.6 grams, Adding the motor's 7.9grams takes us to a liftoff weight of 103.5grams.
It's only flown in one competition finishing 3rd after turning in a pretty low 50-60foot flight but deployed well before sticking in the soft grassy field.
I use this model and it's 1/65th brother the F100C with their Bookend style stands at Mod-Roc Displays and demos often.

Post copied with permission

Attachments

• 188-sm_F8-E Crusader-PMC 72nd_06-30-01.jpg
    188-sm_F8-E Crusader-PMC 72nd_06-30-01.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 23
  • PMC's Display-sm @ CollegePark Airfair 09-14-96.jpg
    PMC's Display-sm @ CollegePark Airfair 09-14-96.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
Back