Egglofter Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
One of the more interesting ideas for egglofters is the 2 Minute Egg from George Gassoway. Instead of protecting the egg with a capsule, it offers virtually no protection. Instead, the egg is placed inside a balloon and the balloon encased egg serves as the nose cone. This lightens the rocket and allows for a large chute to be stuffed into the conical body. Its an all or none type of strategy. The one time mine flew, it was way too windy. I was glad the egg was encased in the balloon. It saved a lot of messy cleanup.

2me-f1a.jpg

2ME-egg-2.jpg

Lot's of different Egg Lofter designs have been used over the years depending on impulse and number of eggs being tossed.
I'm very partical to the old CMR 2piece styrene egg capsules which are still available through Pratt Hobbies.
the Other sort of standard capsule was an Apogee unit. Not nearly as light as the CMR capsule but a little easier to use.

Then there are the fun Lofters were looking at for micors ie Jellybean and paintball:)

138-sm_Dual Egglofter 24mm D&Emotor_06-03-93.jpg

MM 222b_MM Paintball Lofter_07-06-04.jpg

Back