BattlePark Dec 14 & 15 launch is CANCELLED

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Due to field conditions from the last snow storm and severe weather forecasts for rain and snow all day Saturday, this weekends launch has been cancelled.

Normally we would reschedule the next weekend, but that is the weekend before Christmas. We'll see ya all in January.

Thanks for the update - got my fingers crossed for better weather in January!

Cheers!

Gene

We have had some great launch seasons. Let's hope this year isn't a repeat of the last. I may forget the hobby if the weather doesn't improve.

I'm sitting here on Sunday afternoon with almost 50? and sun shine with little wind. Did we do the right thing cancelling?

Then I think about 3" of snow on the field Friday, rain all day on Saturday, and picture the amount of mud that field has today. Yes cancelling was the right move.

Now to hope for better conditions for the new year! Either dry or frozen would be OK. The worst is when it's frozen early and the top inch thaws leaving a layer of grease on the frozen ground. Even pure mud would be better than that.

See ya all in January.

I'm sitting here on Sunday afternoon with almost 50? and sun shine with little wind. Did we do the right thing cancelling?

No doubt about it - it WAS the right thing.

I did most of my Christmas shopping in the rain yesterday and used the nice day today to put up exterior lights on the house.

So tonight instead of driving back and unpacking.....I'm working on RC rocket glider projects, with an eye to the next launches.

Last edited:
No doubt about it - it WAS the right thing.

I did most of my Christmas shopping in the rain yesterday and used the nice day today to put up exterior lights on the house.

So tonight instead of driving back and unpacking.....I'm working on RC rocket glider projects, with an eye to the next launches.

Sounds great. I would love to see the SST come back under RC control. :headbang: :cool2:

Sounds great. I would love to see the SST come back under RC control. :headbang: :cool2:

That's the plan, that, and a couple of others. I'll bring them all to the party next time, whatever condition they are in.
We can compare notes on RC controlled reentry.....

That's the plan, that, and a couple of others. I'll bring them all to the party next time, whatever condition they are in.
We can compare notes on RC controlled reentry.....

Yes! I've got some work to do. I need a new d-bag, pilot chute and have to verify the operation of the control unit.

Good thing tonight's the last day of class and I've got a 3 week Christmas break!

So after the big freeze this week....who's in for this weekend?

Ground should be pretty hard now....unless there is a warming trend and precip.....

I'm planning to fly on Sunday, weather permitting as usual.

Looks like we have am official "No Go" for Saturday .........and a tentative for Sunday.

Jeff and the administration will do what they can to update the website for Sunday's status after an on site inspection.
More build time for everybody!

From the website:

"NEW: Saturday January 11th launch is cancelled!
Due to rain and low ceilings (400 ft) forecast for January 11th, the launch has been cancelled. Check back with the website to see about Sunday's launch. NOTE: The webmaster will be at the field about 10:00 AM on Sunday and may not be able to update the website immediately.
If there is any significant rain on Saturday, the field will probably be too muddy to access. If that is determined Saturday, the website will be updated early. If the website does not get updated, it may still be too muddy to use. A phone call will be the best method to find out."

https://battlepark.org/

Back