Aerotech Arreaux Duel Deploy Conversion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksm2001

Reaction score
I’ve had this rocket for a while now and decided to convert it as my first duel deploy rocket. I built it as a single deploy rocket so the payload bay, bulkhead and coupler tube were already epoxied together so couldn’t reuse the coupler. I called Aerotech and ordered a new coupler tube, payload bay tube and 2 bulkheads.

I managed to fit everything into one coupler and will use the half hole between the upper and lower body tubes and twist wire ends together as my switch.

I haven’t drilled any vent holes or mounting holes for securing the av bay to the upper body tube. My thoughts are to use 2- 4/40 blind nuts inside the coupler with 2 screws to secure the av bay and upper tube together and 2 vent holes in between the mounting holes.

My concern are the vent holes, they are only 3/64”and if the body tube and coupler don’t line up perfect the vent holes could get covered. (if my calculations are correct being that the av bay is 3.5”x 1.6” the 2 vent holes are 3/64”).

My question is, can I drill the body tube vent holes slightly larger than the couplers 3/64” to prevent the possibility of covering the holes or would this cause a problem?

Arreaux-Dual-Deploy.jpgAV-Bay-for-AT-Arreaux.jpgAV-Bay-for-AT-Arreaux2.jpgAV-Bay-for-AT-Arreaux3.jpg

Ken

A slightly larger hole is not going to cause a major problem. I am more worried about how much of the hole you might cover.

A slightly larger hole is not going to cause a major problem. I am more worried about how much of the hole you might cover.

Thanks Chuck, I was hoping to hear that.

Last edited:
Back