Wildman Oath

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to consult with this first if you're going to attempt this sort of thing. I wouldn't recommend it though as it goes against my beliefs. You might want to contact the author or distributor of the instructions first for clarification.

Ahh, so I need to do it at the new moon... :rofl: :wink: :lol: :dark:
The New Moon phase is best used for personal growth, healing and blessing of new projects or ventures. It's also a good time to cleanse and consecrate new tools and objects you wish to use during rituals, ceremonies or an up coming festival.

Last edited:
If you believe in that sort of thing. I sure as heck don't.

Be very carefull here, as your mind is young. It may be easily influenced by those who wish to guide you in following their path.

I don't believe in it, don't worry. I was just joking, if you didn't catch the sarcasm...

That would be me.
It was added on to the end after instructions were complete, not sure who wrote it.
I thought it was funny as hell and was added for grins and giggles!

Also it's for a full moon and a wolf howling in the background and that full moon maybe CJ show his rear end, hahahaha

So you found it and just added it onto the end of the instructions?
:virtual hi-five:

that full moon maybe CJ showing his rear end, hahahaha

Oh now THAT IS scary! So those aren't beams of moon light dancing on the fins are they.

Run Forest, RUUUUUUN!!! LOL

Well I think CJ talked me in to adding it, may of been on another Wildman kit.
So by defacto it's CJ's fault , ahahahahahaha

And for you Blackbrandt , it's soda,!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I like it. I have read it before, but I must ave stopped or been interrupted.

.If memory serves right....It was thought up and, penned by Crazy Jim....approved by Wildman.

We live in the Midwest.....nothing really exciting happens here....sometimes we have to let our minds run free....:lol:

.If memory serves right....It was thought up and, penned by Crazy Jim....approved by Wildman.

We live in the Midwest.....nothing really exciting happens here....sometimes we have to let our minds run free....:lol:

Exciting things happen here Gus, we have corn, Interstate Highways, cows......what else? Oh, and the monthly dose of N10000 that you give us.

I have never ACTUALLY done the Wildman oath, maybe thats why none of my rockets seem to work.....

Who came up with this?
Go to the final page...
When I bought the darkstar jr, I decided to read the directions and found this.

That would be yours truly............me!

Here's the story:
I was writing the first of many instructions for Wildman kits. This is an overwhelming amount of work, ya take 1-15 pics for every phase of build just to get the one good one. Hours of typing & formatting + layout. Then more hours of editing the read. On average 39-40 hrs per manual.
You can build several rockets in the amount of time all this takes .You have to stop every time your doing something to stage the pics and get the lighting & view correct.

Anyhow I'm sending Tim copies of the daily progress for him to check, and make changes.

Towards the end I suspect he ain't reading them Soooooo......

I make up the wacky "Wildman Oath" and he never notices. It goes on website and a week or so later he gets some photos of a builder, standing in the moonlight, full moon in background, pouring beer on his Wildman Exteme rocket, with a note stating:
"I have built my rocket and taken the Oath"

I get a call asking what the heck this is all about.

"Did you read the Oath in the manual"?

No, what are you talking about.

"Look it up online and read it!"

He call me back laughing, tells me he likes it & now its official!

So what started out as a gag.....got overlooked...has become legendary.

So know you know..... the rest of the story.

Here is the original for posterity & always remember " failure to comply returns you to MILDMAN status!

wildman_oath.jpg

Last edited:
Towards the end I suspect he ain't reading them Soooooo......

I make up the wacky "Wildman Oath" and he never notices. It goes on website and a week or so later he gets some photos of a builder, standing in the moonlight, full moon in background, pouring beer on his Wildman Exteme rocket, with a note stating:
"I have built my rocket and taken the Oath"

I get a call asking what the heck this is all about.

"Did you read the Oath in the manual"?

No, what are you talking about.

"Look it up online and read it!"

He call me back laughing, tells me he likes it & now its official!

So what started out as a gag.....got overlooked...has become legendary.

So know you know..... the rest of the story.

I had a feeling you were behind this CJ! Just think of what you could have put in there (or can next time) and had Tim unsuspectingly send out!

I am PRETTY SURE you are too young to cristen your rocket with a shot or anything of the likes BB..

Well, I do have a 12 gauge, did he ever specify the kind of shot?

:rofl:

Well, I do have a 12 gauge, did he ever specify the kind of shot?

:rofl:

Ummm....."beer or shot" if you were old enough to drink, ya would have a favorite libation!:wink:
Good luck trying to hit it with a 12 gauge under flight.LOL

I am PRETTY SURE you are too young to cristen your rocket with a shot or anything of the likes BB..

Continue on... I was thinking of the kiddies & woman folk it then states "or soda pop if under age"
This was the original, somewhere down the road it was changed to Wildman/Wildwoman oath to be politically correct. [before I catch flack for THAT omission]

Ya'll gotta learn to READ not just LOOK!:lol:

Maybe should be mandatory "swearing of the oath" before a drag race!:shock:

Picture 2.png

Last edited:
I wonder what Tims beverage of choice was when he thought of this...

Depends on the location!

Here in Texas, if I brought my rocket to a restaurant, and the beverage was visible to my parent or legal guardian I would be allowed to christen it.

Braden

Braden you going to the ASA (waco) launch this weekend?

i have a 4" Extreme Wild Thang on a 3" M2550 flight planned

I wonder what Tims beverage of choice was when he thought of this...

That's easy.....RUMPLEMINTZ.

MAKES ya get all kinda Krazy....look what it did to these folks/John Travolta/dog etc!

Especially Tim last xmas...:y:

42f7fcb5a280c0896540af921370c9e9.jpg

286214436ibEgcJ_ph.jpg

203541_111960362219340_5554011_n.jpg

images.jpg

images.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to see if they'll let me do that over the PA system at Bayboro for the first launch of the Darkstar Jr...

I'm going to see if they'll let me do that over the PA system at Bayboro for the first launch of the Darkstar Jr...

Just be sure that your ignitor doesnt get all gummy from the soda. Check if ya can still get it up after doing the oath!

Back