75/98mm motor adapters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csoechtig

Reaction score
I am exploring my options for Level 3 certification. I believe the Wildman Intimidator 5 w/ 98mm mmt is the bird I'm looking for. However, I really want to certify on the 75mm AT M1297W.

My question is about the reliability of the Aero Pack 75-98mm adapter Assembly. I've used the 29-38mm and the 38-54mm assembly on many occasions with a high level of confidence and success. I only ask the question because I am planning every aspect of the build with an extremely high level of attention to potential 'points of failure'. Peak Thrust of 2,000N+ and a total thrust of 5,439Ns is significantly more stress than I've ever put on lower-level adapters.

I'm sure they are plenty strong - - but, I thought it was worth asking for personal experiences.

Thanks,
Chris

This may not help you, but I have used the aeropack 75/54 many times in my Size Matters rocket, they are plenty strong and will not be the failure point for any rocket.

Make sure you 98mm retainer is on strong and you will be fine.

Good luck with your Level 3 mine will be a couple months and I will finally fill the 75mm hole.

Bryce

I only use Aeropack for all my motor retention and adapters. I have used my 98/75 adapter about 10 times now and have let others use it as well. Nothing beats Aeropach for quality and ease of assembly. You can't go wrong with a 98/75 adapter.

It is a great system. I have used it in competitor 5 at least 10 times ranging in power from 75 mm Ks to monster 75 mm 8000 ns Ms to 15000 feet. I have nested the 54 in the 75 also. Enjoy!

Yep. Used my Aero Pack 98/75 several times. Works great. Highly recommended.

I am exploring my options for Level 3 certification. I believe the Wildman Intimidator 5 w/ 98mm mmt is the bird I'm looking for. However, I really want to certify on the 75mm AT M1297W.

My question is about the reliability of the Aero Pack 75-98mm adapter Assembly. I've used the 29-38mm and the 38-54mm assembly on many occasions with a high level of confidence and success. I only ask the question because I am planning every aspect of the build with an extremely high level of attention to potential 'points of failure'. Peak Thrust of 2,000N+ and a total thrust of 5,439Ns is significantly more stress than I've ever put on lower-level adapters.

I'm sure they are plenty strong - - but, I thought it was worth asking for personal experiences.

Thanks,
Chris

plenty strong for sure. i have several flights on my 75mm/98mm adapter . it is used in FREEDOMS PRICE to fly it on the LOKI M2550 Blue motor Loki M2550-Blue.jpg peak of 3017.2ns total of 6605.7ns you will be just fine

Back