Edmonds - Ivee Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Edmonds Deltie downscaled so well I wondered if any of his other GREAT Gliders would do as well. One I've used alot in BG compeititons over the years is the Ivee.
My version of the Micro Ivee is pretty small and all balsa. the glider weighs in at 2.8g. with the whole model having a LOWt. of 5.5g. It really gets up there on a MMX-1 motor, a little better then MMX-II's shorter delay.
I've lost 3 or 4 of the gliders but always manage to retrieve the Pod and streamer.
A little tricky sanding the tail feathers but once trimmed these design is really a GREAT glider. Thanks again to Robert Edmonds for the wonderful design:)

Post copied with permission

MM 227a-sm_Ivee (Edmonds) BG_08-11-00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Edmonds - Ivee Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Edmonds - Ivee and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Edmonds: Ivee:
MMWW: Ivee Boost Glider: #227

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Edmonds Ivee Basic Information.

edmonds.gif
Edmonds Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Ivee

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Robert Edmonds

Type: Boost Glider
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery: Streamer/Glide
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

Face Card

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
MMWW (Edmonds) Ivee Boost Glider (#227) Basic Information.

MMWW.gif
McCoy's Micro Wonder Works

MODEL NAME: Ivee Boost Glider

NUMBER: #227

Introduced: 2000
Final Year:
Designer: Robert Edmonds, John McCoy

Type: Boost Glider, Downscale
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Recovery: Streamer/Glide
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

mmww-(edmonds)%20ivee%20boost%20glider-facecard.jpg

Face Card

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
While the Micro Ivee was the first post in this gallery, it is not the original 1/2A-A wonderful boost glider designed by Robert Edmonds.

Below is a photo of the Full Size model. I've used this model in NAR B/G competitions for a long long time. It's an excellent BG, A bit touchy to trim but once trimmed they have been know to more then once thermal away.

I have personally used this model built with very light "contest balsa" power by Estes 1/4A3-3T's with good results.....actually one of those thermalled away was on a 1/4A3-3T. As mentioned; once trimmed well..they really are Terrific Gliders.

Last edited:
Edmonds Ivee Basic Information.

That's not an Ivee. It's an Ivee2g. The Ivee2g is a ContestCraft line kit, not Edmonds Aerospace.

The original Ivee had square wings, as John posts. The 2g stands for 2nd generation, and was a refinement of the original when laser cutting came on the scene.

kj

That's not an Ivee. It's an Ivee2g. The Ivee2g is a ContestCraft line kit, not Edmonds Aerospace.

The original Ivee had square wings, as John posts. The 2g stands for 2nd generation, and was a refinement of the original when laser cutting came on the scene.

kj

Thanks for the information. I will get it updated.

Although it does not show Edmonds Aerospace on these pictures (the rocket kit is in storage and not accessible right this minute), clearly the instructions were written by, and in the format of, Edmonds Aerospace. I have 20 of his kits (give or take)

2011-01-17-Inventory-0075.jpg 2011-01-17-Inventory-0076.jpg

Latest posts

Back