Stealth6 Unleashed.......with poll

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
So, some of you may have noticed a bit of a change in my posting on this forum.

I used to bemoan the constant non-rocketry content around here, complained about folks who kept blatantly breaking the rules/guidelines by posting political content (often just to get a rise out of folks), cheered on George and others when they raised a stink about it, and pleaded with the mods to do something about it.

And while I obviously stepped into the fray now and then, I honestly tried to keep out of it. But on occasion I couldn't help myself and just had to chime in....I'm not proud of it, and wish I could have exercised more control...it is what it is. But I DID wish we could stick to the very clearly stated rules/guidelines and just keep that crap out of this place.

But.......of late I've felt that not only was it no use to resist, it seemed like a large portion (maybe even a majority) of this forum wanted this content. For the most part the mods simply let it all go, but more and more often they themselves joined in, added more crap to the pile, and essentially encouraged this stuff. Also, many of you may know that I'm not officially a rocketeer myself anymore. So, I gave up, and joined in. I now actively embrace this sort of content....when the slime pit starts to get really ugly and stinky, I jump right in feet first and have at it. You want political "conversation"? - fine, I ain't holding nothing back. Things are going to get real "interesting", one way or another. Give the people what they want, no?

But. In all seriousness, I DO care about what this community really wants, and what it doesn't. And I'm fully prepared to act accordingly.
So, I'm putting up this poll. Check it out, vote, and I promise I will abide by the outcome.

If you want a free for all, and you think this place should allow whatever political/social content folks want to post about, fine. I'll continue in my current mode, but I won't promise that some feathers won't get ruffled.
If you are all comfortable with the "ugly stuff", I won't hold anything back.

If you think that I should just stick to rocketry content (mostly), and cease ALL posting on the particular topics of politics, religion, and other such stuff, I'm perfectly fine with that. And I will do my best to behave.
I'm not saying that all my posts will only be about happy/nice/sunshine/"kumbaya" things, but I'll try to keep the obvious offensive bits in check.

And yes, there is a third option, and I will take it seriously.

I love this place, and I'd rather be part of it in a way that's best for the forum as a whole.

peace (whatever that is) & rockets,
s6

If an internet forum causes this much grief for you, then you may want to re-evaluate your life issues.

Like I have stated in the past, forums are merely a form of social media. You are correct, people (by nature) want to socialize. People want to yabber on about abso-fing-lutely nothing. It's what we do. The Rocketry Forum has it's categories of subject matter. I am not seeing the "free-for-all" you describe. When I click on HPR, I see HPR related threads. When I enter Yard Sale, I see ads for crap I want but don't need. I have a feeling you are applying the general sentiment of the Watering Hole to the entire site, which just isn't true. To me, The Watering Hole was a brilliant forum topic as it serves to keep the rest of the more specific topics pure.

I hope you stay because I like reading your posts. I like reading everyone's posts. It is entertainment for me. Sometimes I even learn something. Sometimes I get an answer when I have a problem. It's all gravy.

Time and time again it has been re-stated; If you don't like what you see on the internet, click that little red "X" in the upper right-hand corner of your browser (red dot, upper left hand corner for the challenged Mac users) and have a nice day.

I find it curious how much stiff is going on in the world these days. Everybody seems pissed at something and they want you to know about it. We need a collective enema.

I find it curious how much stiff is going on in the world these days. Everybody seems pissed at something and they want you to know about it. We need a collective enema.

Or maybe just this forum...

[video=youtube;jKofnVkUwBA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA[/video]

I think you should stick around because every now and then I need a foil for my devious plots. And BTW, I support Deez Nuts. https://www.elect-deez-nuts.com/
What?? I thought you were Team Cthulhu! The Great Old Ones will not take this betrayal lightly...

I'm pretty stiff right now.
Really? Well, I guess we know what you're here for. ;-)

To stealth,
Stick around, join in. Too often I feel like I'm the only voice willing to speak up for what I believe in the face of a very dissenting crowd. If you're on the internet, then let's add some opposing viewpoints. If it's really bothering you a lot, don't do it. Recently, I've been trying to PM those that get heated. It helps because we end up with a less vitriolic discussion, and it stays off the public view.
I appreciate your comments. But I'm kind of a total a**hole, so... Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

At first I was gonna post "Stick around mate, we could all bloody well use some common sense every once in a while" and then I reconsidered other view points. I mulled it over a bit, played devil's advocate, re-read the rules again, and then tried to learn to read Farsi. Gave up and went back to the Fishing Channel. After careful consideration and a few dead ends, I came out with "Please stick around mate, we could all use some common sense once in a while". That's about as close as I come to self moderating.

Honestly, I've been trying to not take things in life so seriously. It's helped me to be a LOT happier.

The way I see it, people can say whatever they want about whatever they want. If it's a topic I don't want to partake in, I don't. And if I get called an a-hole for giving an opinion in the process, so be it. I won't get upset, I consider the source.

One grain of salt coming up.
View attachment 297557

Now that right thar is FUNNY! You been hittin' the hard cider?

As for this poll...whatever floats your boat S6. Since I don't plan on voting on this year's presidential contest, I have to ask myself, "why should I vote here?" But, again, and as Kinky Friedman said when he ran for Texas governor, "Why the hell not?"

So stay and don't be so nice anymore. :wink:

Back