Estes 2157 1/100 Saturn V - Late June 2016 Arrival!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsargevt

Reaction score
I didn't see any threads on this one:
https://www.estesrockets.com/coming-soon/002157-saturn-v

That is right, the Saturn V is making a comeback. Between this and the ESTES Shuttle, it appears that I'll be giving Estes some of my rocketry business this summer!

I am excited to build a second one to complement the one which I crashed and am rebuilding.

I too built one several years ago. It's been a display only model for a couple of years, after a E 20 Cato gutted it.
I'm quite excited about this release as well, I can see one in my build pile already.

I built one last year, an old kit I bought on Ebay. Took awhile to build, but came out nicely and IMAG0271.jpgit flew very well on an E30 to 400-500 ft or so. I'm thinking of an F24 next time to take it a bit higher. This is a photo of it along with a Red Arrow Hobbies Mercury Redstone.

Pushed back again. I'm glad I bought an older kit already. Who know, maybe I'll even build it before the new one is available.

Has anyone heard if the fins got updated as was being talked about.

The vacu-formed fins were not a big problem, but the fin fairings were tedious to sand down to get them to match the body tube contour well.

I still have four of the last version in the larger boxes hanging around. I'll probably be picking up some of these new ones when they come out as well.

Back