Will the Altus Metrum Easy Mini keep its last flight settings, or flash them making you reprogram it?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calkni

Reaction score
Hello everyone, in installing my Altus Metrum Easy Mini I put it on backwards and can't access the port to configure the altimeter. My question is, will the Altus Metrum keep the last flight settings, or will it flash the last flight settings and you would then have to reprogram new flight settings?

Thank you.

It will retain it's last flight settings.

Only thing you need to be aware of is that depending on flight log config - it may not add new flight data to the logs once you have filled it's memory.

You should call the AltusMetrum guys, but I would be sure of two things.

1) The altimeter calibration for up/down has been completed, and the altimeter is installed in the calibrated position. If you calibrated it upside down in another rocket, I'm not sure what you should expect.
2) You need to connect the altimeter to a computer and be sure the current firmware is installed.

I've had failures because of item 2, and have had issues with Item 1.

Otherwise, I love the Minis. I have lots of them. They are my go-to easy altimeter. When you put a small lipo on it, it is very small and reliable.

Last edited:
1) The altimeter calibration for up/down has been completed, and the altimeter is installed in the calibrated position. If you calibrated it upside down in another rocket, I'm not sure what you should expect.
The EasyMini is barometric only. It shouldn't care about orientation in the rocket at all.

The EasyMini is barometric only. It shouldn't care about orientation in the rocket at all.
You are right.

I was using my knowledge of EasyTimers, which do have that issue, and I have a couple of rockets with both on board, so I confused matters.

I stand by the recommendation to get the most current firmware.

Back