Whose gonna knock this one out of the park first? X-59

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a regular OpenSCAD user I was curious. Simple versions of that sort of morphing can often be done with the convex hull transformation, "hull()". Fun!

1694029014602.png

As a regular OpenSCAD user I was curious. Simple versions of that sort of morphing can often be done with the convex hull transformation, "hull()". Fun!

View attachment 602663
As an occasional OpenSCAD user, I'm going to have to play around with that. In particular, changing the triangle and circle relative sizes. My initial thoughts are to either keep the circle and triangle areas the same or keep their circumference and perimeter the same, but I'd have to try it both ways, and other ways, and see what I like best.

Maybe two calls to hull(). The equilateral triangle to a regular hexagon, then the hexagon to the circle. The hexagon would have three of its sides directly above the triangle sides, but shorter, obviously. The triangle to hexagon section would be three Isosceles trapezoids and three Isosceles triangles. Size the circle to either be inscribed in the hexagon or circumscribed on it. (Or with equal areas or equal circumference/perimeter.)

Back