What molding and casting does for you....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket Al

Reaction score
If any of you folks wonder how (or why) I know a thing or two about moldmaking, the answer lies here . Careful, some of the pictures are kind of gruesome. As well as doing makeup effects for this, also doing the lighting (Had contacted the Sandman about buying some of his wares for that, but it was a bit different stuff than what we needed...) and also doing some of the CGI for it (Contacted Shrox about that. Trying to keep it in the "family".) Will also probably be having Art Upton in with a Booster Vision camera and his acrobatic RC plane in to provide "Vulture=Vision" POV shots when we continue shooting next spring. Turning a couple of the guys at the studio on to rocketry, so looking forward to some launches before the soybean field next door to the studio is planted next spring.

Al

Originally posted by Rocket Al
If any of you folks wonder how (or why) I know a thing or two about moldmaking, the answer lies here . Careful, some of the pictures are kind of gruesome.

Cool. Gruesome, but cool. :)

As well as doing makeup effects for this, also doing the lighting (Had contacted the Sandman about buying some of his wares for that, but it was a bit different stuff than what we needed...) and also doing some of the CGI for it (Contacted Shrox about that. Trying to keep it in the "family".) Will also probably be having Art Upton in with a Booster Vision camera and his acrobatic RC plane in to provide "Vulture=Vision" POV shots when we continue shooting next spring.

That's great that you're getting some rocketry folks involved.

Cool stuff Al!
I got a copy of Devils Rejects. The nails were great! Cool cgi gun shots
in the end too.

I havn't gotten back to you about my casting project because my scedule hasn't let me finish the master..::(

Thanks. Glad you liked it. Haven't seen all the behind the scenes stuff yet, but somebody who has said that he was pretty sure that he saw me while the scene with the girl getting hit by the semi was being set up (indeed, I was on set for that particular stuff, so I guess he's right)

If you get to see Hostel , I did maybe two shots on that one. Was doing so much stuff prepping the makeup effects for The Rage , that was all I had time to do.

Al

My buddy just saw Hostel. He said it was pretty good. I'll have to bop off and see it. What scenes did you work on?
-Justin

I just saw Hostel tonight. Great gore flick (don't take the kids to this one. or squemish adults for that matter.very rated R). Killer effects Al! Twisted horror fans will love it.

Hopefully, the director will start getting bigger budgets, and let some of it roll downhill... :D

If you liked that, the site for the film that Bob is directing in-house can be seen here . The teaser trailer is a bit intense, and there may be the glimpse of a profile of a boob there. There are some interesting pictures in the stills gallery, and a few cool pictures for wallpaper in the download section. Of all the films I've worked on, this is probably the most over-the-top thing I've ever done.... as an example, in the top right wallpaper (the one captioned "Tasty!") that is an eyeball that the mutant is finding so scrumptious.

Hey guys, I don't write this stuff, I just make it....

But bringing it back to rocketry, since most of the crew (including myself) don't actually live that close to the studio, we all commute in on Monday morning, and leave again Thursday night or Friday morning, so I've been taking kits and such with me to work on after work in the evenings. Hey, it's Crestline. What were you expecting? I've already re-kindled Dave Matherly's interest (he went from a Big Bertha to an Estes Space Shuttle kit years ago, now he's just started building with me again) and gave a spare Estes launcher, controller and Generic E2X to Brian ZDemski to build with his two boys. As the studio sits right next to about 40 acres of fields used for soybeans, when spring comes we're going to be doing lunchtime out back launching and doing cookouts....

And my wife wonders why I love my job so much.

Al

Back