What Is Wrong With This Sim?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judo

Reaction score
Here is my sim of The Launch Pad 2.6" HAWK kit. In real life it, it flies beautifully on AT E30-4's. In the sim, it does not leave the pad. It's probably something obvious to serious user, but I only dabble. I've got plenty of other sims that fly. I'm not seeing it. Thanks.

View attachment HAWK BT80.rkt

No worries, it is a common problem. One of your components has a mass of Zero, and it looks like the fins are the culprit. Try a different material or assign a value and see what happens.

I gave the fins a mass of 1.5. I also force-fin an Ellis Mountain G37-6 in the sim. The the only difference was I got a "0" instead of a "nan." And then the plumber knocked on the door.

I changed the fin material from "Custom" to "Balsa" and it actually would accept a mass. My E30T-4 now sims to about 700'. TLAR. I'll mail you an extra scoop of Llama chow.

I changed the fin material from "Custom" to "Balsa" and it actually would accept a mass. My E30T-4 now sims to about 700'. TLAR. I'll mail you an extra scoop of Llama chow.

The delivery crew will be most pleased...
:cheers:

Glad to be of help.

Yeah, I found this new delivery company, Al-Pack-a. I think they are headquartered in the mid-east because of more favorable tax laws. The delivery folks ride and carry the parcels on real alpachas. They did caution me that deliveries do take extra time and cautioned me that your package could be consumed along the way. And no one could beat their price.

Back