What dissolves dried Acrylic paint such as Createx?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc_G

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've got some things with dried Createx paints (Auto Aire and Wicked colors, to be exact), and I've scraped off as much as I can but what will really dissolve the traces? The Airbrush cleaner and things like Windex seem to do fine unless the paint has really dried; once it's fully dry nothing I've found yet actually dissolves it.

Thoughts?

Marc

You can try Auto Ait Color 4008 Restorer. It's primary purpose is to dissolve dried paint off of airbrushes and guns.

I've also used acetone with good results.

I'm not sure what you're needing to strip but I'd try mineral spirits or acetone if it's something you can soak. They also make plastic compatible paint stripper, found at the hobby shop. I have some Chameleon stripper that works well.

You can try Auto Ait Color 4008 Restorer. It's primary purpose is to dissolve dried paint off of airbrushes and guns.

I've also used acetone with good results.

Awesome. I'll try some acetone and if that doesn't work will put in an order somewhere for the 4008 (or maybe find it at the local art store).

Marc

Latest posts

Back