Weekend Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Austin

Well, the kids and I had to go out of town this weekend and knew we would miss the Quark Club launch today, so we took some fun with us. My brother lives on a farm with about 1000 acres surrounding us and it was a perfect day even though a bit chilly at 45 degrees. We quickly set up and made ourselves at home, as usual.

My son's RAAM was converted to the shortened version and had it's maiden voyage on a F40W, which turned out to be a great flight. We had a slight breeze at about 7mph, but it didn't effect the flight pattern at all. The "Shorty" RAAM went up again later, but took the trip that time on a G64W, which was absolutely awsome!

Lindsey's Mustang went up several times on a E18W and flew flawlessly as usual. She had the highest flight of the day, until we launched the RAAM on the G64. Moreover, her Mustang landed each time within 100 feet of the pad, which was good considering the small but gusty winds we had.

Finally, my HARM got to fly a debute launch on a F24W, which turned out to be one unbelievable flight! My brother, a former Navy veteran got to push the button on that one while I took the pics. After hearing about my 4" Harpoon in build right now, he can't wait to se it fly once done, as he had experienced first hand many "Real" Harpoon launches in the Gulf War.

Well, it was a great day, everything came home in one piece and I got some decent pics, so here they are, in chronological order:

<a href="reviews/pics/launch/lm.jpg">Lindsey and Mustang<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/mr.jpg">Mustang Ready<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/ml.jpg">Mustang Launch 1<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/tr.jpg">Thomas and RAAM<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/rr.jpg">RAAM Ready<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/rl.jpg">Ram Launch on a F40W<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/ml2.jpg">Mustang Launch Again<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/ml3.jpg">Mustang Launch Closeup<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/hr.jpg">HARM on the Pad<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/hr2.jpg">HARM Ready<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/mt.jpg">Mark on the Launch Button<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/hr3.jpg">Harm Countdown<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/hf24.jpg">HARM Launch<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/hlc.jpg">HARM Launch Closeup<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/rr2.jpg">"Shorty" RAAM Ready Again<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/rg64.jpg">RAAM on a G64W<br></a>
<a href="reviews/pics/launch/rlc.jpg">RAAM on a G64W Closeup<br></a>

Very nice. I like that HARM.

Man it is flat there. How can you stand it? :D I am jealous of the area you have to launch. You never worry about trees there do you?

Back