Wanted: 125 yards 7628 cloth 50" wide

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feckless Counsel

Petitio principii
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Vendors,

I understand this area is for vendors but, as my need probably exceeds the typical garage sale, I'm posting here as well.

Seeking competitive bids on 125 to 150 yards of style 7628 fiberglass cloth in 50-inch width.

1. Continuous bolt is preferred. Cut bolts are negotiable.
2. Cloth shall be finished for epoxy resin.
3. Expired finish is acceptable but shall not exceed 4 months of manufacturer's warranted storage life.
4. Cloth shall ship evenly rolled on sturdy tubing.
5. Cloth shall ship sealed in plastic sleeve and with protective bubble wrap.
6. Seller warrants and represents entire lot as free of holes, snags, rips, creases and frays.
7. Offers to sell an equivalent quantity of epoxy are welcome.

Very best regards,

Feckless Counsel

You may need to seek out a boat repair shop or mfg. Possably a rv repair shop. As the amout you are looking for is beyoud the scope of what most of us would carry. Also try Amazon and ebay

Sounds like he's going to build a big one this time...

contact Graphitemaster.com good people to do business with, and yes they do fiberglass.

Why that style?

TRF,

Thanks for all of your responses.

kramer714,

I purchased style 7628 from Rocketry Warehouse for my last project. I like the dense weave and believe that helped in achieving high glass to resin ratios. As a mainstay of the PCB industry that cloth is also very low cost.

Do you have an equivalent or preference to suggest?

Todd,

Very nice to hear from you again. Was great to see David at LDRS 31. Were you there also?

I requested a quote directly from Rocketry Warehouse. Good folks there and my preference is to buy from rocket suppliers. They've not yet replied.

Tony,

Are you saying your own stock is out or do you know that Rocketry Warehouse is out of stock?

Best regards,

Feckless

out of stock..

Tony

Rocketry Warehouse's online store will say out of stock if you enter a number above what they have in stock. You can then just keep incrementing down until you get to the amount they have in stock. I have made two purchases of 29 yards and 27 yards in the past year in this manner (about 3 months apart) to get the total of 50+ that I wanted.

Rocketry Warehouse's online store will say out of stock if you enter a number above what they have in stock. You can then just keep incrementing down until you get to the amount they have in stock. I have made two purchases of 29 yards and 27 yards in the past year in this manner (about 3 months apart) to get the total of 50+ that I wanted.

Yep...even tried ordering just 1 ...out of stock.

Tony

It makes me so happy to see that you are diving right back into this so quickly. So often, I've seen people get so emotionally drained from a project, that when it fails, they lose the motivation altogether. I wish you the best for the rebuild!

DOH! Didn't see that you already found some.

I looked on the Thayer website (https://thayercraft.com) and they didn't specifically have 7628. I'm not sure if you checked there yet or not, but maybe they have something equivalent. If not, it might be worth calling to see if they can get you what you want. I find them to be a very responsive company, even to the hobbiest.

Sandy.

Back