Voodoo

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Not like with the chicken innards but the aircraft :) A real cold warrior, this aircraft was in service till 1984 in Canada. It was equipped with the Genie air to air nuke. Once the weapon was loaded the two man crew waited for a code message then they would check it with authenticator codes . If they were then off they went to light up the sky as it were :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU-AIDoj-0
Cheers
fred

I remeber when those things kicked in the burners they were rather loud. Video of CF aircraft is not common :)
Cheers
fred

Whenever an airplane hits the afterburners, it is pretty impressive :)

I remember seeing a group of several F-16's fly over in formation at just barely subsonic, and then do an afterburner climb. Incredible.

I remeber when those things kicked in the burners they were rather loud.fred

The sight and sound of the Voodoo seriously damaged me as a child of 7 or 8 :D

My parents took my younger sister and I to an airshow at Yeadon (later to become Leeds/Bradford Airport) here in Yorkshire in ?1959. One of the flypasts was a refuelling display by (probably a KC97), F101 and F100 Super Sabres followed by a very fast display by the F101. I thought it broke the sound barrier (though it's unlikely - even in them days) and I ran off in fear to be rescued by a family friend and reunited with parents and sis (who was completely bored by it all)

After a short recovery period of a year or so I began a lifetimes infatuation with aircraft which has survived 2 careers and marriage. It has cost me a small fortune over the years in travel, flying lessons and cameras with big lenses.

The Voodoo certainly put its spell on me :lol:

Cool vid. If the Voodoo has delta shaped wings, it would look awfully similar to the F4 Phantom.

It was from that era. Raw power carried the day :)
Cheers
fred

The sight and sound of the Voodoo seriously damaged me as a child of 7 or 8 :D

My parents took my younger sister and I to an airshow at Yeadon (later to become Leeds/Bradford Airport) here in Yorkshire in ?1959. One of the flypasts was a refuelling display by (probably a KC97), F101 and F100 Super Sabres followed by a very fast display by the F101. I thought it broke the sound barrier (though it's unlikely - even in them days) and I ran off in fear to be rescued by a family friend and reunited with parents and sis (who was completely bored by it all)

After a short recovery period of a year or so I began a lifetimes infatuation with aircraft which has survived 2 careers and marriage. It has cost me a small fortune over the years in travel, flying lessons and cameras with big lenses.

The Voodoo certainly put its spell on me :lol:
I would certainly like to see some of your pictures :)
Cheers
Fred

I would certainly like to see some of your pictures :)
Cheers
Fred

I'm just in the process of (starting to anyway) putting thousands of slides and negs into digital. I turned digital for most of my aviation stuff (and rockets) about 3 years ago so thats approx 40 years to go at :surprised:

I'm at the Reno air races next week then El Paso for the Amigo Airsho and on to the Gathering of Eagles and Legends in Columbus OH. So if you're going to any of them I'll bring some along :)

I must get a website organised one day.

I'm just in the process of (starting to anyway) putting thousands of slides and negs into digital. I turned digital for most of my aviation stuff (and rockets) about 3 years ago so thats approx 40 years to go at :surprised:

I'm at the Reno air races next week then El Paso for the Amigo Airsho and on to the Gathering of Eagles and Legends in Columbus OH. So if you're going to any of them I'll bring some along :)

I must get a website organised one day.

I would love too but my business is about to go into a very active cycle, thank God looking at my bank balance:), so that sort of thing will have to wait. When you get that website up let me know. Did you do much Canadian stuff?
Cheers
fred

Back