Véronique AGI47 - 60th Anniversary of Félicette's flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazimierz Zygadlo

Reaction score
60 years ago, on October 18, 1963, Félicette became the only space cat.
She was launched from Centre Interarmées d'Essais d'Engins Spéciaux located near the town of Hammaguir in Algeria, aboard the Veronique AGI47 sounding rocket.
The model of Veronique AGI47 was designed by Krzysiek "Cordel" Koczwara and built by yours truly in two versions (one with and the other without the guide arms). It was based on Peter Alway's drawings and the color scheme is the result of my own research (I wish to thank my sister and my brother-in-law for their help in obtaining some important documents).
Maszka (playing the role of Félicette) wasn't particularly interested in posing for a photo, still, I was able to take one that looks more or less ok 😉

That is one cool cat! and nice rocket too. Do you have the printable patterns in a PDF file that you can post, or provide a link to the model here? What size motor will it use?

Inspired by Felix the Cat
Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 1.13.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 1.16.12 PM.png

Last edited:
That is one cool cat! and nice rocket too. Do you have the printable patterns in a PDF file that you can post, or provide a link to the model here? What size motor will it use?
I am trying to convince the designer to make the model available at ecardmodels.com, so there is a chance that one day it will be released there. I will let you know. It's not a flying model, but I may enlarge it one day and see how well it flies.

I am trying to convince the designer to make the model available at ecardmodels.com, so there is a chance that one day it will be released there. I will let you know. It's not a flying model, but I may enlarge it one day and see how well it flies.
Should be fairly easy to convert to a flying model and balance it for stable flight. To protect the ink, you might consider spray painting a Matte Finish, or a satin/semi-gloss clear laquer over the rocket. A clear coat makes the ink colors stand out a little bit more. Hard to explain until you see it for yourself. Glossy works also, but looks more like a toy rather than a scale model, I tend to like the satin or semi-gloss clear coat for scale-type paper models.

Back