Upscale 2X Viking

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very nice! :) Maybe make a decal for by the arrow: "This end up" :rotflol:

Yeah, I thought it might need alittle something more.

The only tricky part was aligning the five fins. This was solved with a free download from EMRR!!

Maiden flight was on Christmas day.
Good flight overall. It did turn into the wind a bit, and drifted right back to us. My neighbor managed to catch it, and when I took a closer look.... No nose cone? Upon inspection, the plastic loop on the base of the nose cone must have broken off, because the small metal swivel I used was completely in-tact.
Oh well, I'll be ordering another LOC 38mm nose cone, & sanding and painting to match. Should be an easy repair. Just hate shelling out another $12.00.

Take PemTech's advice on this: Cut two holes or slots in the conical part of the nose cone shoulder, and feed your shock cord through them and tie it off. There's no need to get a new cone.

cone.jpg

Hey, I like that idea on modifying the nose cone.

However, Yes, I do need to get a new one, because the original is somewhere in the sonoran desert. Pretty thick with sage & brush, never did find it.

Take PemTech's advice on this: Cut two holes or slots in the conical part of the nose cone shoulder, and feed your shock cord through them and tie it off.

This is a solid building technique that many people use. Even Barry (owner/proprietor of LOC Precision) does this on the rockets that he builds and flies. Well, at least this is what he did for the attachment to the nose cone on his 5.5" Phoenix that I saw a couple of months ago.

In other words: Solid advice. ;)

Back