Up Scale Estes STM-012

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmore

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would try this out with some home made glass BT from card board tubes and hand made nose cone. It will be a 41/2"X 8' rocket with a 54mm motor mount. Will be going DD and I will fly it on a J275 What do you think.

SAM_0157.jpg

Thanks guys. Charlie you might see it go for Januarys launch. I should have at the field for decembers launch but only for show. Will you be there ?

Bill

Thanks guys. Charlie you might see it go for Januarys launch. I should have at the field for decembers launch but only for show. Will you be there ?

Bill

I'm pretty certain I can attend the December launch, but I haven't checked about January yet.

Is this going to be a "true" upscale (i.e., with the original paint scheme and graphics), or are you doing your own thing with the paint?

Not sure yet on the paint. I now have some parts. I layed the tubes up sunday and let cure all day monday so I put them in the tub last night to get the cardboard soft so I can pull it out of the BT.I also have the motor mount started.I still need to lay the fins up with the roll of CF. Then the nose cone will be made last with the yellow foam.

SAM_0159.jpg

SAM_0161.jpg

SAM_0163.jpg

SAM_0162.jpg

SAM_0164.jpg

Made some more progress today made some fin material. have the fin templets made.The BT turned out good.so this weekend I should get alot done on it.

SAM_0167.jpg

SAM_0166.jpg

SAM_0168.jpg

Ok I had to go out of town for a week so now I was able to get back to it. Here I shaped the nose cone and I didn't get pictures but the fin can is all done.We have a launch this saterday so I willl have to wait till sunday to glass it.

SAM_0169.jpg

SAM_0170.jpg

SAM_0171.jpg

SAM_0173.jpg

Cool! That's the biggest foam cone I've ever seen. Are you going to fly it untreated? It seems like it would be awfully easy to dent.

Back