Unofficial Virtual TARC Challenge

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercloud

Reaction score
The company that I work for sponsors multiple local TARC teams. Normally, in October we host a non-official TARC regional challenge, except this year the committee proposed that we do a “virtual flight challenge.” They came up with a preliminary plan that I summarized below. I thought that it might be a good idea to run it by you guys, and see if anybody has experience with a virtual contest, or could give suggestions.

Summary:
Virtual Flight Challenge: The “Virtual Flight Challenge” would consist of simulation of rocket flights, with randomized weather conditions not revealed in advanced. School teams would submit their TARC compliant electronic designs that be run through 2 simulated flights using RockSim. The length, weight, parachutes, etc. must all comply to the latest TARC rules. The weather and atmospheric conditions (temperature, wind, pressure, etc.) for the flights will be determined by random selection by the “Virtual Flight Challenge” committee after receipt of all the designs. The rocket that most closely scores to the current/latest contest TARC rules for height and time would be the Virtual Flight Winner.

Electronic Design Notebook. Notebook competition Scoring rules to follow previous challenge for Design Notebooks, but with notebooks submitted electronically.

Trophies for: Virtual Flights, Electronic Notebook, Overall Winner

Back