TWA at Bong - March 5th, 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StreuB1

Reaction score
Weather is supposed to top out around the mid 60's on Saturday, though they are saying "Mostly Cloudy."

Anyone going? If so, what ya bringin???

I'm thinking about going but am a little late to the game so need to come up with some stuff quickly. Currently have 4 in the build process ATM.....

Nothing prepped right now, which ain't a good sign considering its Thursday already. Although, I do have (2) 5" diameter Additive Aerospace RunCam shrouds that need to be installed on this. Maybe a re-do flight, same motor, add RunCams?
Capture.JPG

Going to miss this one, unfortunately. Bummer, as the weather forecast has taken a significant turn for the BETTER over the course of the week. Looks to be a nice day to be flying at Da Bong! Have fun, boys!

Hey Guy's,

I was going to take the ride up for some supplies from Tim and watch a few flights.

Is anybody flying?

Phil

Hey Guy's,

I was going to take the ride up for some supplies from Tim and watch a few flights.

Is anybody flying?

Phil
Trying to work up the motivation to prep something... Will be taking some still photos regardless of my situation. :)

Nice pictures. Glad you took you rocket assistant with you. She's growing up fast. What was the motor that disassembled it self at the pad. Hope you cameras worked.

Also, found this ejected hardware set near where my rocket landed today. Looks like an older 29/240 hardware set, please reach out if its yours.
Resized_20220305_160244.jpgResized_20220305_160249.jpgResized_20220305_160303.jpg

Hey Justin,

I didn't fly today. I picked up some supplies from Tim and walked the park with my wife getting our steps in but I did see the flights.

Your daughters getting big. When mine was that age I put her to work testing my chutes, LOL.

abby chute.jpg

I blinked and she's off to college in a year.

Phil

Back