TruCore casing spare parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The difference is more then price...
Brand X was a working man's case. Built in thrust ring, not very expensive. Absolutely no frills. You didn't feel bad about tossing one after a couple dozen flights
Binder cases are hard anodized and a work of art in comparison. Probably last until you loose it or blow it up. Much more expensive, though.

I have a 6 grains and its nozzle TruCore that have flown 50+ time with sugar propellant and it still works well

Maybe I'm missing something here. You're comparing a current product that has been in production for 20 years with a product that is out of production? And what part of research rocketry is inexpensive?
I also have a Tru-core casing, don't remember what it cost me, and Fisher research casings that I used to replace casings that have been destroyed. Both have value to me, and either could be destroyed or lost, but only one is available now.
Yeah, I remember when gas was less than a dollar a gallon, and I'm still buying gas. There's an idea, let me throw a little gas on the thread, and see what blows up...

There you go, that will save you some money, maybe.
Aren't you recycling CTI forward plugs and AT liners? How is that working out for you?

And who's your friend?

Besides me?

I am still your friend, right?

Or is my humor lost on the keyboard?

Whats wrong with using Aerotech, CTI or DMS motor cases and parts for Research motors?
Asking for a friend.
Nothing, but last time I looked I thought Boris flew a lot of sugar to test his altimeters, so cost-savings-per-flight could actually be pretty important for this scenario.

Nothing, but last time I looked I thought Boris flew a lot of sugar to test his altimeters, so cost-savings-per-flight could actually be pretty important for this scenario.
Yes that is right, the first summer I started testing my altimeters I did about 50 flights and I would not have been able to do so many tests without inexpensive motors. Which is why I started this thread to find if someone could help me affordable to get casings spare part. I use research hardware to fly a lot. You should see how much a commercial motor cost in Europe after all the import fees and taxes + we had a shortage due to re-certifications of the motors
The TruCore compatible casings that my friend is doing for me are around the same price that the original TruCore were if you do not take into account all the trial/error and investment that we did. And they are also cheaper than Aerotech hardware.

View attachment 367705 This is the schematic I drew up with my design that Ed worked off to make the first 24mm motors for me. His handwriting on the bottom with machining prices :) hopefully it helps.
Hello
My friend Philippe did machine those. We had a testing session the other day and they work pretty well.
casing 24mm.jpg
By the way he is going commercial, mainly for 29 mm and 38 mm casing. They are slightly different from the TruCore one, all the nozzles have been optimized for sugar propellant, we have tested them with my test stand. I think he is planning only to only sell in Europe but you can always ask him if you need small parts.
https://www.dr-cluster-rocketpropulsion.com/shop?lang=en

My friend Philippe is now doing 54mm TruCore compatible hardware. We have been trying out a 54mm 4 grains sugar motor on my Raptor

The flight was a success with an apogee at 750 meters

Latest posts

Back