Tomahawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klint

Reaction score
Hey has anybody used the aero-tech tomahawk? I have and is is SOO KEWL. It is easy to build. The hardest part for me is those centering rings they have a tight fit and are hard to get in but they are worth it big time! The fin LOk systom is great it says to use plastic sement but I used 30min epoxy. Becarfull when putting in the fins because whatever type of glue err epoxy U use will act like a lubricant and pop out the fins. When inserting the fins its easyer to put a motor casing in so you could you puch down harder. The tomahawk is a great flyer exspecially on a F-22-7W. hum....... Well if any questions arise feel free to ask oh yeah and over all I give this kit a 4 and 1/2

Klint-

I've got one. GRRRReat rocket. Built like a tank, looks impressive on the pad, nice boost on those F engines, just great. And I agree with those fin lock tips. I pushed mine in as hard as I could and it turns out they were not locked in! What a drag. Aaaanyway, it is a wonderful rocket. I'm SOLD on all of Aero-tech's stuff. My next is the Mustang.

Marc

OH yes I do think unless it goes prarry dog hunting without me mine will live a long long time. One of my fins is also not poped in all the way but I just took some wel bond white glue and filled the gap and cover that with a layer of epoxy. The best thing for this one IMHO is the F40-7W nice lift off and a flight that if it goes ne higher I wouldent be able to see it.

I recently had the opportunity to bulid and fly the ISQY Tomahawk in the Black Rock Desert at AeroPac's Aeronaut launch. With some advise from an experienced flyer, I modified the motor retainer so I could fly the Tomahawk on an H-55-10W. The flight was perfect, I couldn't have asked for better lift, altitude and deployment, not to mention a soft landing. On my next flight I pushed the envelope a little further flying on an H70-10W. Everything was perfect until deployment, when the rocket separated. The body tube landed hard dislodging three fins. The ejection charge literally blew the rocket apart. In looking at the Aerotech ejection material, it was fried. Apparently the lenghth of the motor was too long for the rocket.
I really enjoyed this rocket and plan on buying another kit. Perhaps I'll stay with F and G motors in the future.

Back