Thrustline Mighty Mick Completed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevKeith

Reaction score
Finished my Thrustline Mighty Mick this week and wanted to share with my TRF "family". I painted it in the IQSY Tomahawk pattern - my favorite. Great kit! Built stock except I knew I would never fly my MM on an E motor so I put a D motor size engine hook in. John - would you consider adopting me, I'm only 39, house broken, and don't eat much! Oh, to be a part of the Thrustline kingdom (think of all those free rockets)?

Keith

This is an awesome paint scheme. As far as adopting, I do need someone to help me. Inventory, flight testing, aarrgghh! My goal was to get out at least another 6 rockets before Christmas. What was I thinking? For every new model = more work (fun work) and less time to design more models!! Yikes!!

When I see a kit of mine being built by someone else, especially the way you finished it.....goosebumps!! What a high! I'm sure Jim Flis could attest to this!

The biggest challange is time.

Thanks again!

Great job, Keith. Almost the same paint scheme as my scratchbuilt 3" "Nuthin Special".

What does you MM weigh?

Very nice. A great example of how a paint scheme can change the look of a rocket dramatically.

Originally posted by Swimmer
Great job, Keith. Almost the same paint scheme as my scratchbuilt 3" "Nuthin Special".

What does you MM weigh?
My first one ended up around 4 oz.

Swimmer,

My MM came in at 3.1 oz and that was without the chute.

Keith

Hey, revkeith, Thrustline would no doubt appreciate your reviews submitted to EMRR..... their archive is a bit low at the moment.

Nick

My first launch at my first club launch was with the Thrustline Mighty Mick. It was the first launch of the day. On a D12-5 it flew straigh and true, very high. The Thrustline 18" Orange Nylon cute looked great against the blue sky and performed perfectly. My only regret was not building my MM so it could handle the "E" engines. High altitudes can become addictive! John - great design!

Keith

Originally posted by revkeith
My first launch at my first club launch was with the Thrustline Mighty Mick. It was the first launch of the day. On a D12-5 it flew straigh and true, very high. The Thrustline 18" Orange Nylon cute looked great against the blue sky and performed perfectly. My only regret was not building my MM so it could handle the "E" engines. High altitudes can become addictive! John - great design!

Keith

Great to hear! Launch photos?:D

Sorry John, no launch pictures. I was so caught up in the moment I forgot to get the camera out. Like a kid on Christmas morning!

Keith

Finally...got the timing right with my digital camera. The MM gets off the pad quick! I love this kit!

Keith

Back