The Ultimate!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aadamson

Reaction score
First we were going to go to Kennedy space center and watch a Delta II launch a couple of days before our cruise boat leaves. Then we found out there would be a Delta IV launch and contemplated going down even earlier for a week of launches (boat included).

But now the best yet, they postponed the Atlas II, launched the Delta IV tonight (no we didn't go down for that). And as luck would have it our cruise boat leaves Saturday and so we are going down friday and guess what.

THE SHUTTLE has JUST BEEN CLEARED for launch for friday night. Window 7-11p. I'll have Digital video with me and you can bet I'll have film that will make it to the web.

The ULTIMATE LAUNCH!!! Man, I'm excited, almost as much as my L2 Cert flight :)

Alan

I keep tellimg myself I have got to see one of the shuttle launches and of course, always excuses. Any video you can give us Alan will be well appreciated.
Isn't it something like six(6) miles out from the pad for shuttle launches? Still, gotta be one hell of a grin! :D

I would love to see a space shuttle launch.
How about a Saturn V launch:D

Originally posted by Stones
I keep tellimg myself I have got to see one of the shuttle launches and of course, always excuses. Any video you can give us Alan will be well appreciated.
Isn't it something like six(6) miles out from the pad for shuttle launches? Still, gotta be one hell of a grin! :D

Not sure about that, we are staying right there in Cape Canaveral on the beach that night... so it will be a beach party with camera, etc.... Or we may try to get closer to one of the viewing locations. We'll just have to see. But a night launch should be AWESOME!

I can't wait,
Alan

would LOVE to see a shuttle go off. Have never had the chance, but I did get to see Apollo 15 and Apollo 17 go up.

I was living just south of Daytona Beach at the time and my neighbor was a maint supervisor at NASA at the time, so we got press area passes (about 3.5 miles if i remember)

remind me to tell you guys about how i was almost lynched by the mob LOL

When I went there somebody said the absolute best viewing spot is the K-Mart parking lot in Titusville.

Don't know for sure.

Spend an entire day at Spaceport. Take the tour it's a real bargain. Run over to the Astronaut Hall of Fame...and be sure to vist Space Camp. They have a nice viewing catwalk. They might even be flying rockets!

I've been there twice...I'll go again!

sandman

Darn, launch is scrubbed tonight, try again tomorrow. Weather was bad in Spain for the alternate launch sites. Should be able to see from the cruise ship. But obviously wont be as good of pictures.

Alan

Back