TCC Helm 07/18

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
Who all is going? My schedule -
Wildman Punisher on I303 (testing new avbay)
Nuke Pro Max on H120 (post fiberglass reference flight)
Wildman Dark Star on J400 (nothing but smokey fun)
Madcow Nike Smoke on I297 (nothing but sparky fun)

I am going to try something new and different, by having my rockets ready to fly the night before!

Sounds like you have a good lineup. I'm not going to make this one. Have fun!

I'm also going to miss this one, going to fly at Moffett instead. Are you planning to go to Moffett?

watermelonman, sounds like a great lineup. What altitude will the Smoke hit on the I297?

Hah, that fat and heavy rocket likes K motors, looks like it is staying around 2500 feet on the I297.

I'm also going to miss this one, going to fly at Moffett instead. Are you planning to go to Moffett?

watermelonman, sounds like a great lineup. What altitude will the Smoke hit on the I297?

At this point I am planning to go to Moffett on the 18th. I still have not repaired the G-Force fin, but I am planning to get that fixed before then. My brother-in-law's brother (what is that to me? Co-uncle of our mutual nephews?) and his son expressed some interest in rockets at our 4th of July party, so they might come along. Apparently they built some rockets back when the boy was in Tiger Cubs, but they never got to fly them! That ain't right!

Look at me completely failing to prepare my rockets. Well, I am not quite in bed, yet.

Moffett is closed so come on out ThirstyBarbarian!

Seems a good a place as any to share photos. Here is my Nuke Pro Max, repeating its L1 flight with a new fiberglass skin. Compared to plain cardboard it hardly lost any altitude at all! Crummy picture but at least one can see how colorful, or not, the Cesaroni red is -
jY7lH3s.png

Temporarily and affectionately known as my big dumb rocket, this Wildman Darkstar currently has all avbay and payload sections in place but is flown single deploy motor eject. Here it is smoking up our site -
cVu9Y20.png

Here is Aidan with an L motor static test. Great burn and sorry I misspelled your name the first time!
zXv0p8X.png

Onboard the Punisher on I195, testing out a new avbay -
[video=vimeo;133898311]https://vimeo.com/133898311[/video]

Go to Vimeo and search 133898311 or add it to the URL if it is not appearing inline.

Did you find your smoke? The up part was nice and I too lost sight of it on the way down.

I did, thanks for checking!

I saw it heading for the trees, which can be tough. I followed my GPS but was not that close. Brett came out to help; punched into his GPS the coordinates were 4 or 5 rows over and we were standing directly below the neon orange parachute. I think I might get a dedicated receiver instead of continuing to use the one on my radio.

Back