Switch on outside of switch band

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These key switches look really cool.

Do they fit into the Additive Aerospace or Missileworks 3-D printed sleds? It looks like they might but I’m not sure of the length and how those tabs stick out the wires get soldered to compared to the Schurter switches.
I don't know -- I haven't used those sleds. It would be a suprisingly fortuitous coincidence if they did, though.
Do those keys give enough length so you can reach through a hole in the body of the rocket and turn the switch on and off if you are using the switch internally mounted? Or do you need to just mount them on the outside of the rocket instead of to the “bridge” of the sled?
I wouldn't do it that way. They would certainly be long enough if you made a big enough hole in the body tube (and I've seen a couple that did it just like that at Spaceport America Cup this week), but the ones I've seen are really intended for panel mount, and that's what I've done (where the "panel" is the body tube).

As said above, mounting them into the switch band is just about standard.

There have been reports of them failing since they are really intended to be set once and forgotten, not repeatedly used as a switch. Personally, I really like keyswitches like https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/e-switch/KO103C701/EG2623-ND/502087 for my rockets. I wish they weren't so deep behind the panel, though....
I ordered ones that were recommended on here only to find that the key was removable in either position, so it constantly falls out. Your model looks like it locks in one of the positions?

Latest posts

Back