Status Update on my Grandfather

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverleaf

Reaction score
My fellow friends and Family of Rocketeers,

As a few of you know from the TRF Chat, my Grandfather has been fighting some stays in the hospital - first a dehydration/gastritis runin in September, and recently - 2 weeks ago - I came down to find him comatose and needed to call 911.

After his sugar (hes diabetic) was registered at 22, he was taken to the ER and stayed for 2 days, coming home a week ago Saturday. Then this past Wednesday morning, I came down again to find him comatose and after the same 911 call, hes been hospitalized ever since. Well today he was diagnosed with a Stroke, and is now in a nursing home.

I can not say what the future holds, but wanted to say that because of my not being POA (power of attorney) - don't ask - my finances are extremely tight now, so all my plans to work on rockets for the winter have been placed on hold.

Since I'm freed up from 8 years worth of care for him, I'll need to try and find work so that I can keep food in the house and keep the doggie fed.

Please understand this is just my way of sharing what is happening in my part of the world, and that I think of each of you fondly, and with much admiration for staying true to the rocketry hobby.

With sincere appreciation,

R.S. Barker

Silverleaf,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your grandfather.

Good luck Silver. Your're a great guy and i hope your grandfather does well.
Cheers
fred

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's problems. Try to hang in there and best of luck finding employment. If ya' keep interweb connectivity you can continue to talk rockets anytime!

Silverleaf,

Tough times, sorry bout your Grandad's recent ills. Your 8 years of caring for him say alot. Take care.

Andy

Back