Star Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkABrown

Reaction score
I just wanted to post a plug in here for Oscar Valent and Star Rocketry. I purchased a Hypertek motor system from him recently and it was a pleasure doing business with him. He was very helpful with questions that I had. His responses to email were very fast. His prices are some of the best that I've found anywhere! The product was delivered in record time (3 days from when he got my check in Alabama to North Carolina). The only negative feedback I can give, is that I wish there were online ordering and credit card processing or PayPal acceptance. Finally, I would rate this vendor 5 of 5 stars and recommend them to anyone interested in Hypertek equipment.

I just wanted to post another experience. I've been checking the Hypertek Ground Support Equipment that belongs to our prefecture to make sure that everything works correctly. The GSE hasn't been used for over 2 years. I checked everything and it all worked correctly except the ignition module. That is the piece that converts a 12 VDC charge into a 7500 VDC arc to start things burning. When it didn't work, I contacted Hypertek technical support and Oscar Valent of Star Rocketry for suggestions. I contacted Oscar simply because he had been so helpful in the past. Before I got a single reply from Hypertek, Oscar called me personally at home to help me brainstorm solutions. After running a few more tests recommended by Oscar and Hypertek tech support (thanks Mike Dennett), we determined that the transformer in the ignition module was dead. A replacement ignition module will cost $80. I received another email from Oscar today that told me where I may find a transformer to replace the defective one at half the cost of replacing the entire igniter module. By sending me to another vendor, Oscar may have cost himself an $80 sale but, he has guaranteed a lifetime loyal customer. This conscientious attitude towards customers is a rarety these days but, I'm happy to say that this attitude is far more prevalent in our hobby than in any other industry that I'm aware of. Please, if you've got any need of Hypertek equipment, reloads, or other support, consider sending your business Star Rocketry's way.

Latest posts

Back