SSS-December Launch, Camping, and Potluck

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Reaction score
Superstition Spacemodeling is holding it's regular December launch this year at our Hope Site. If you haven't been there yet, this site is nestled in some small hills with beautiful views and occasional wildlife spotting.

Site Info -> https://sssrocketry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/hope-map.jpg

Friday - Setup and Class 1 launch
Saturday and Sunday - Class 1 and Class 2 launch with waiver altitude 8,400ft AGL (10,000ft MSL)

We have a few dozen folks confirmed, a Porta-Potti will be on site and we will be camping Friday and Saturday Evenings, with a Potluck on Saturday. Please, No Chili!!! (We had 5 pots of chili at GHS!)

We also will be having a club bonfire, so if you have any wood, please bring some, we are on BLM land and are not permitted to gather wood on site.

We are planning to launch the club's 8' V2 again with its new paint job Courtesy of Marc and Joe Casanova.

Hope to see you there!

SSS V2.jpg

Last edited:
I should be there around 3 or 4 Friday afternoon. Temps are expected to be in the low 60's with winds around 5-8mph.

Guy

I should have my first dual-deploy rocket ready for Saturday.
James

Unfortunately another launch I can't make it to... Soon, soon! Need to do some more low altitude tests on my Eggfinder stuff.

Back