Squirrel Works - Firebird SST Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
One of the rockets I've built that I am most please by the appearance of is my Firebird SST from Squirrel Works. I basically copied the face card design but that was enough to make something that I think looks really good.

MY original build thread is in the archive here: https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=45420

Various photo galleries of this rocket can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/collections/72157607435893529/

While building this one, I saw some examples of others people had built that look even better. An Air Force One version comes to mind. But I have quite satisfied with the stock design.

Firebird-decals-3.jpg

Firebird-decals-4.jpg

Firebird-flight-1.jpg

Firebird-SST-f1d.jpg

Flight-1.jpg

I believe all these photos were submitted to us by James Gartrell.

The Firebird will soon have a companion. We're developing a new SST kit which we temporarily refer to as Camaro.

firebird1.jpg

firebird2.jpg

firebird3.jpg

When I saw the airliner motif, I knew I wanted to do more than just the package art. Since my family and I had recently been on a trip to Air force museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH we had just walked through the various planes that had been called Air Force One. I did a little online research,made some decals and voila!

SpaceForce One. It's been one of my favorites (and its a great flyer too).

Spaceforce One - side.jpgView attachment 31607
View attachment 31606View attachment 31605
Spaceforce One - above.jpg

When I saw the airliner motif, I knew I wanted to do more than just the package art. Since my family and I had recently been on a trip to Air force museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH we had just walked through the various planes that had been called Air Force One. I did a little online research,made some decals and voila!

SpaceForce One. It's been one of my favorites (and its a great flyer too).

View attachment 31608View attachment 31607
View attachment 31606View attachment 31605
View attachment 31604

This one of yours is one my favorites I've seen on TRF or anywhere else.

The Firebird SST is my first kit back as a B.A.R. (aside from building with my son) What a pleasure to build - great kit great quality, great challenge. Glad to be back in the hobby and very pleased with my first kit!

DSCF5383.jpg

DSCF5384.jpg

DSCF5385.jpg

Back