Some Interesting Stuff coming soon from the Industry Leader

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWmarlow

Reaction score
On one of he other forums there was a link to a webpage that showed Parts for some of the PS 2 stuff....

Just go to Estes site and look at their Pro Series stuff.....they're selling parts like nose cones and body tubes. For some reason, they are selling a 2" nose cone with no body tubes to fit it.

if you look at the second listing the 2.5 tube is the 2 in tube

Awesome! I really like the looks of the Majestic and Prowler. Does anyone know when these will be available? How much will they cost? Also, will a CTI 3-Grain case fit into them?

Thanks,

-S

... Also, will a CTI 3-Grain case fit into them?

Thanks,

-S

Probably. I say that without seeing the internals. The Pro29 3G case is only 1.356" (34.4424mm) longer than the AeroTech RMS 29/40-120 case. As long as there is no thrust ring inside the MMT then I think it could work.

Greg

What's the difference between the Pro Series II line and their other rockets? Just bigger rockets that use bigger motors? Or is there more to it than that?

What's the difference between the Pro Series II line and their other rockets? Just bigger rockets that use bigger motors? Or is there more to it than that?

Basically, what you said. The materials tend to be "beefier" than their model rocket counterparts. For example, the airframes are thicker than the Estes model rockets that fly on B's and C's. However, the motors on the big birds can be APCP (ammonium perchlorate composite propellant), or just "AP" for short, which typically have a higher Isp (motor efficiency) and thrust than their black-powder fueled cousins. And sometimes, the AP motors are quite a bit louder.

Greg

It's not just that they are bigger. Everything about them is beefed up to handle the larger motors. Heavier body tubes, plywood fins instead of balsa, plywood centering rings instead of card stock, nylon parachute instead of plastic, screw on motor retention instead of a clip, etc. They use standard MPR materials and techniques instead of LPR. You can make an LPR rocket that is just as big using lighter LPR materials and fly it on LPR motors, like Es and D's. But for bigger motors you need a more robust build, not just a bigger one.

Great. More toys to buy.

I know right! I'm Actually really looking forward to these. It'll be nice to fly MPR in some smaller fields without being too emotionally attached to the rocket. Plus, I really like the design of the majestic (Yeah, yeah, I'll admit it: I really like 3FNC rockets. Best looking rockets (If you don't count scale of course, but since I'm no good at painting I don't really care for building scale models (unless the paint scheme is simple). I'm just DREADING painting my Estes Saturn V!!!!:y:) Wow! this post has gone in many directions... I guess I'd better submit it before it ends up in Timbuktu!!

The Estes website now has navigation links on their drop-down menus for E and F 29mm motors and rockets for E and F 29mm motors, but when you click on them, you just go to page that says something like no products currently available. It's always a good idea to get your web infrastructure developed before you need it and test the links and functionality, but I'm surprised they would publish these links and dummy pages without product on the page, or at least a more encouraging message, like "Coming Soon in Summer 2013!" I love Estes products and service, but sometimes their website is a bit funky.

Back