Solar Flare Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepe

Reaction score
Just reading over the instructions on my new Estes Solar Flare and a couple of things have me confused. Never having had to add nose weight their instructions having me do this early on in the build process but I'm thinking I should complete the build ,add the motors and do a swing test before adding the clay nose weight.Second question is finishing the ring fins.How does one finish the interior of the rings once attached?I'm thinking of getting some auto pinstripe tape to cover the area where the ring attaches and finish them before mounting,is there a better approach? All input will be greatly appreciated

Hi Pepe,

Check out my build thread for the Solar Flare here:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...e-build-mini-thread-Something-to-keep-me-sane

I handled the inner section of the rings by using Trim Monokote. But your idea of maskin the mounting points is also a fine way of doing it.

I just stuffed the nose weight in per instructions, assuming it would be adequate. It would be more precise to get final weight of the bird and sim it or do a swing test to get it perfect, but my experience is that Estes has it right more often than not.

I'll check back here now and then to see if you have other questions; feel free to PM me also as I just recently finished the kit. HAven't flown it yet, though!

Marc

Latest posts

Back