Sky Dart II body tube length?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirkTheDaring

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, anyone know the length of the main body tube for the Estes Sky Dart II? The plans label it at part J, but don't give the length. I have to rebuild main (again) and based on some hand tosses, getting the length right is important. I didn't think to measure mine before I crashed it (again).

Thank you!

I think the instructions have an additional sheet insert on balancing the gliding portion of the model, but if you have built it in sequence per the instructions, then you may have already glued the nose cone onto the body. It is much easier to adjust the glider balance point with nose clay before you glue the nose on the body.
:)

good luck on the re-build!

https://estesrockets.com/wp-content/uploads/Instructions/003229_ASTRON_SKYDART_II.pdfScreenshot 2023-05-09 at 8.36.34 AM.png

I’ve had a lot of trouble getting it to boost straight (ish) up, but once I did that it didn’t glide with a darn, so I’m trying again. Thanks!
The boosting rocket stability requires the washer weights that are on the front end of the rear-eject through tube. The balancing weights for rocket-boost and for glide are totally separate and different. What did you do in order to make the rocket boost straight? I think you might be adding the rocket-boost weight to the glider nose?

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 1.11.36 PM.png

Back