Semroc BC-1327 / Enerjet Nike-Ram / Enerjet 1340 nose cone geometry?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarYellow

Basket of deployables.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Semroc Balsa Nose Cone ST-13 2.7" Bezier SEM-BC-1327
https://www.erockets.biz/semroc-balsa-nose-cone-st-13-2-7-bezier-sem-bc-1327/
This nose cone is a balsa "clone" of the shape used on the original Enerjet Nike-Ram and the earliest appearances of the 1340 sounding rocket. It is described as a "Bezier" curve. I'm assuming that means it's some kind of Bezier curve rotated about a central axis. I'd like to generate this geometry accurately for 3D printing upscales and downscales, as well as generating a part directly that has a shoulder of the correct diameter to work with LT-125 tubing. Also, with erockets discontinuing the ST-13 tubing, it's hard to imagine them keeping this NC in stock. Other than just buying one or two and measuring them, does anyone have access to the mathematical (Bezier points, etc.) details that defined the shape originally? Or a dimensioned drawing of the original?

Noted that AeroTech is re-releasing the Enerjet Nike-Ram this year on 35mm Quest tubing. That's cool and I'm planning to buy one, but it doesn't help with cloning the 1340 or up- and downscales.

Back