• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling my Sirius 1:64 Saturn V kit...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket Ron

Reaction score
Hooray! Found my ten year old Sheri’s Hot Rockets 1:48 scale Saturn V kit that I’d thought was lost in a house move. With that news, I’m selling my unopened Sirius kit for what I paid (minus tax). No room here for both and I’m committed to building that big beast. If anybody is interested you can find the Sirius Saturn V kit listed on eBay...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sirius-1-6...021664?hash=item1d058a9c60:g:V34AAOSw~LlgWAxC

Last edited:
I moved this as the Deal forum is not for members to list their own items in.

good luck, you are taking a bath on the shipping. I bet its gonna be 30$ or more
...Thanks, I went back and found that EBay had dropped the “0” from the listed package weight making it 1lb. Instead of 10lbs.

Looking forward to starting the 8ft tall Sheri’s Saturn V build...although it’s also feeling quite daunting.

...Thanks, I went back and found that EBay had dropped the “0” from the listed package weight making it 1lb. Instead of 10lbs.

You can always over-ride the eBay calculated shipping amount with a fixed value, and put something sensible in that field.

I don't understand you can buy this kit for $500. Am I missing something?

Yes. Out-of-production kits are in very limited supply.
If the demand is there, the price will rise to a market clearing point.

Wow that is ridiculous.

Nope, just free markets in action.
Actually, 200% return is way less remarkable then $15-25 Estes kits selling for $150-250.

Its not worth it to me.

It was clearly worth it to at least one person, and that's all that matters.

I almost bought that Sirius kit a few years ago for the original asking price, but then realized I also had an Apogee kit in the build pile (still do), and let it go.
No regrets.
It was not "worth it" to me at $500, nor is it "worth it" to me at 2+x that.

But was "worth it" to someone else, and that person is now happier with it, than he would have been without it. I trust the seller is also happy.
Thus, this world is an incrementally better place after the auction, then before it!

Yes. Out-of-production kits are in very limited supply.
If the demand is there, the price will rise to a market clearing point.

Nope, just free markets in action.
Actually, 200% return is way less remarkable then $15-25 Estes kits selling for $150-250.

It was clearly worth it to at least one person, and that's all that matters.

I almost bought that Sirius kit a few years ago for the original asking price, but then realized I also had an Apogee kit in the build pile (still do), and let it go.
No regrets.
It was not "worth it" to me at $500, nor is it "worth it" to me at 2+x that.

But was "worth it" to someone else, and that person is now happier with it, than he would have been without it. I trust the seller is also happy.
Thus, this world is an incrementally better place after the auction, then before it!
Everything you said now makes perfect sense. Such a fun hobby. I wonder why the kit was never made anymore? I would imagine there are cost involved obviously or maybe they weren't selling too well? I'm not sure about the latter? I do remember someone doing a build thread on it and the build was well done. This was years ago. The kit had some very high quality parts. Who knows maybe the owner will reintroduce?? That might be slim to none but you never know??

Everything you said now makes perfect sense. Such a fun hobby. I wonder why the kit was never made anymore? I would imagine there are cost involved obviously or maybe they weren't selling too well? I'm not sure about the latter? I do remember someone doing a build thread on it and the build was well done. This was years ago. The kit had some very high quality parts. Who knows maybe the owner will reintroduce?? That might be slim to none but you never know??
Why don’t you contact Sirius Rocketry? They’re excellent about returning emails. I suspect David would like to produce some, but this kit is a *lot* of work to put together, and it’s probably a simple matter of priorities.

Back