Scratch spaceplane.... BT20

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay.... so, this is the part I needed to replace.....
Actually, this is the part I crimped.....

And as you may remember, Scott "Rokitflite" made a very nice....and generous offer to replace the body tube. I thought, "gee, this is a great guy, sending me a BT20 body tube!"

So, okay..... this is what I get in the mail from Scott:

... yea...exactly! THis guy's generosity has given us enough parts to build.... I don't know HOW many, but LOTS.

His only request of me... "build something cool"

I'll tell what's cool... Scott, YOU are cool! Way cool. My son and I were at a loss for words.

So...here's to building something cool!

THANK YOU SCOTT (from both myself and my son)

Karl

Originally posted by Karl Rocket
And as you may remember, Scott "Rokitflite" made a very nice....and generous offer to replace the body tube. I thought, "gee, this is a great guy, sending me a BT20 body tube!"

So, okay..... this is what I get in the mail from Scott:

A first look, I thought he sent you one of those beta kits he mentioned. Actually, it may very well be, just no instructions included!:D
Very generous Scott, way to go bro!:)

Wow, it looks like a lot more when you lay it out like that :D . Sorry about the black marks on some of the tubes. As I said they are leftovers from my kits and I needed to mark the "bad" or less good end. You did help me out in that my house is now .01% cleaner:rolleyes: :D

Spaceplane is together, but not primed, painted or decaled. Has a distinct "Johnny Quest" look to it! The scale might be a tad small given what I'm trying to do. Has a total of 3 pairs of various fins on a BT 20.

Model is not perfect, but was an excellent learning experience! And I wouldn't be nearly as jazzed about it and other follow on spaceplanes if it were not for Scott!

I'll post the pic when its done!

Karl

Sanding sanding sanding. Mr. Surfacer.... hey, work with that stuff in a well ventilated space. Got a snoot full last night. Actually made me kinda nauesiated (ya know...barfy).

Drinking straws as launch lugs.... marginal as they don't hold primer well.

She's not perfect but that is perfectly fine. Maiden flight sometime in the near future. Recovery system not yet installed, but probably small diameter parachute. My thanks to Scott "Rockitflite" for parts!

Technically, this vehicle would be a Single Stage To Orbit or SSTO.

:)

That is one cool looking rocket!!! I love the background... kinda draws the attention to the rocket...

WOW! That looks GREAT!!! You should certainly be proud!:D

What are the decals from???

Way cool rocket. Very nice job on the finish.

--- Ron

Thank you, guys :)

The decals are an extra sheet I have from my Enterprise kit. They worked out pretty well!

Thinking about up scaling...

Thanks!

Karl

Great job Karl...That is sweet!:D

When is the BT-80 based upscale coming out?:D:D:D

Back