Scale Data Needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy

Reaction score
I am new to scratch building and want to build the Phoenix Aim 54 or maybe the SAAB 05A. Can someone help direct me towards the scale data for these rockets as I keep coming up with nothing. :(

Shoot, I'll tag on to this thread;

I need scale data for a Sandia Sandhawk. I have found many links to pics, launches and kits, but what I need is a simple drawing with accurate deminsions etc. Especially of the fins...

Silverleaf has a great start on his site:

https://scale-rocketry.tripod.com/id4.htm

Thanks

Johnnie

EDIT: I joined the NAR scale data yahoo group, and found an AutoCAD file of what I needed...

The link Hokky posted contains excellent data on the Phoenix Aim 54 and the Saab.

John,

I emailed you in regards to your query.

Cheers,

If you need the data from Jim Ball's site, get it NOW!!! There is a notice on his front page that the site will be taken down sometime after January 1, 2008!

His site is an excellent resource... Too bad it's not going to be up much longer... :(

If memory serves, I thought Ye Old Rocket Shop was going to take it over. Might be wrong, its been known to happen. :D

Thanks for the help I got the data I needed. Sorry to see Jim Ballse website with all of the data is being shut down, it is loaded with information.

:)

Shoot, I'll tag on to this thread;
I need scale data for a Sandia Sandhawk. I have found many links to pics, launches and kits, but what I need is a simple drawing with accurate deminsions etc. Especially of the fins...

Rockets of the World has a nice clean drawing of the Sandia Sandhawk.

Unfortunately, ROTW is OOP at the moment. There have been a few copies going on Ebay for right around 100.00 to 300.00

There is a current auction for a first edition spiral bound, plug in: 320202166871 to the search and follow along as the fun begins.

STYMYE beat me to it. There is some data available on the yahoo scaleroc forums.

Is ROTW available anywhere? I'd like to see a drawing of a Nike Smoke, which I believe is in the book.

I own a copy of ROTW 3rd edition. :D

There are 2 pages (pg. 164 - 165) of drawings for the Nike smoke with markings and dimensions.

Not sure if its cool to post the scans here. But, I could email them to you.

Let me know.

Thanks for the offer, but I've managed to track down the dimension I needed.

Cheers

I own a copy of ROTW 3rd edition. :D

There are 2 pages (pg. 164 - 165) of drawings for the Nike smoke with markings and dimensions.

Not sure if its cool to post the scans here. But, I could email them to you.

Let me know.
the Nike Smoke scale data is also available in old Model Rocketry mags over at the ninfinger site. check out the Oct 69 ish.

Back