Saucer plans/links/ideas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the Art Applewhite Delta Saucer. They do not have them anymore :(

Ok. I'll have to check it out. I am very backlogged on builds right now, but whats one more?

Hello All, I want You all to know that I am putting together the materials I need to build one of my all time favorite rockets: Centuri's X-24 "Bug". I first built it when it first came out. Never thought that I'd see it again, but I am grateful for it being reprinted Here. After that... who knows? Maybe an enlarged 'D' powered version. Cheers

Hello All, I want You all to know that I am putting together the materials I need to build one of my all time favorite rockets: Centuri's X-24 "Bug". I first built it when it first came out. Never thought that I'd see it again, but I am grateful for it being reprinted Here. After that... who knows? Maybe an enlarged 'D' powered version. Cheers

FYI - Squirrel Works has a copy of that they call the X-RV...pretty cheap for a "rocket" too I thought. I had some success with it (almost glided out of sight!) until an "overly energetic" C6-5 blew it apart in mid-air. Would be great to see an upscale! Cheers

Link for SW: https://www.squirrel-works.com/catalog/xrv/xrv.html
Link for my flights on RR: https://www.rocketreviews.com/squirrel-works-x-rv-7666.html

Thanks for the info, KenECoyote. I fear that I won't be able to start the enlarged build until Governor De Wine opens things back up here in Ohio. My 1st one DID glide out of sight and I thought it lost until some fellow about 2 miles away found it and returned it to me, (I had put my name and Address on the side. Dad gave the fellow $5.00 for returning it and I then owed Dad a car wash which I gladly did. In fact I was so glad I thanked Dad and went out and washed the car right then. After Dad stopped laughing, He came out and said, " I was just kidding ,Son!" I said "Dad, it's worth it to get my rocket, back." I finished the wash and went back in and there was MOM laughing about it. We all had a great laugh.

Thanks for the info, KenECoyote. I fear that I won't be able to start the enlarged build until Governor De Wine opens things back up here in Ohio. My 1st one DID glide out of sight and I thought it lost until some fellow about 2 miles away found it and returned it to me, (I had put my name and Address on the side. Dad gave the fellow $5.00 for returning it and I then owed Dad a car wash which I gladly did. In fact I was so glad I thanked Dad and went out and washed the car right then. After Dad stopped laughing, He came out and said, " I was just kidding ,Son!" I said "Dad, it's worth it to get my rocket, back." I finished the wash and went back in and there was MOM laughing about it. We all had a great laugh.

Now THAT is an awesome story. Thanks for sharing and making my day! :)

Back