Runcam 2 4K Shroud Mount

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this design, the print looks great, love the shape. My only concern is getting it out. I have to pry pretty hard on the back of the camera to push it out... Am I doing something wrong? It's chewing up the slot in the shroud. Part of the problem is that the sled sits in the bottom and the camera snaps into the sled, so to get it out you have to lever on the back of the camera with enough force to defeat the latch on the bottom of the sled... Tried printing them at 100%, 101%, and 102% to see if it'd get any easier, but it's just a lot of force to get it past that latch.

I really like this design, the print looks great, love the shape. My only concern is getting it out. I have to pry pretty hard on the back of the camera to push it out... Am I doing something wrong? It's chewing up the slot in the shroud. Part of the problem is that the sled sits in the bottom and the camera snaps into the sled, so to get it out you have to lever on the back of the camera with enough force to defeat the latch on the bottom of the sled... Tried printing them at 100%, 101%, and 102% to see if it'd get any easier, but it's just a lot of force to get it past that latch.
Honestly, that was intentional... I wanted to make sure it held on the camera for dear life. Normally I used the back flat part of a pair of tweezers to lever out the camera and it tended to overcome the front latch ok.

Chances are I won't be picking up a runcam 6 so fitment testing would be impossible... I don't mind uploading the source fusion project for this if someone else wants to pick it up.
The new model 6 is now 66.5*40*20mm vs. 2 4K is 66mm(L)*38mm(W)*21mm(H), so there is not much difference at all. If you post it I can get Fusion eval license and make the changes.

I got the 6 yesterday, and the body fits with no changes. The Lens shape has changed from round to rectangle, but it is working after a few min with a dermal. Sure, I cannot see the cool new displays, but I could just as easily cut a slot out for that, too.

Latest posts

Back