Rocksim custom delay help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksaves2

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Got my Rocksim latest update to register and was running some "down and dirty" sims to see if I can get the motor delays dialed in for a Formula 54 for use with a Jolly Logic Chute release.
I've got a Chute Release installed in an ASP 2.6" WAC Corporal but I don't have to mess with a delay because it uses a MAD unit for precision Apogee activation of a standard charge.

I've stumbled into a little problem that I've never had before. I can't seem to get a custom delay to "take" when trying to fine tune and drill a delay. I scroll to the delay in the motor field,
change the 14 to 13 and the delay keeps reverting to 14. It's been so long since I ran it but I can't recall having this much trouble to get a custom delay in. What's the knack to get the custom
number to "stick" to insure a low energy apogee deployment? Kurt Savegnago

Kurt,

When you change the delay, do you move the cursor to another field before saving or launching? I've found that the change doesn't 'stick' unless I first leave the particular field I'm editing.

Kurt,

When you change the delay, do you move the cursor to another field before saving or launching? I've found that the change doesn't 'stick' unless I first leave the particular field I'm editing.

I'll have to make sure I do that later today. I recall I didn't have any trouble in the past with this but might be forgetting to do that.
This is with the latest version that has the new licensing scheme. I got mine to register even though I am running it via WINE in a Linux
environment. I have a Win 7 machine upstairs I can do an install on so I could try it there in a native environment. Thanks again. Kurt

Hit <enter>

Stupidhead here,

Yeah that's it. I was hitting tab and enter did it. Shows I haven't been using the program for a looooooong time.

I know RAS Aero is better for high Mach and Open Rocket is there for the masses. For subsonic or "a little more than Mach 1" RS gets me a down and dirty estimate. Hmmmmmmmm, an I200 in the formula 54 might not be
viable since I'm looking at a 15 second delay. Kurt

Latest posts

Back