RIP Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman passes from cancer at age 43

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked his performance as T’Challa / Black Panther in Black Panther, Infinity War and End Game. That’s what he is most well-known for, I assume. I haven’t seen the three biographies of Jackie Robinson, James Brown, and Thurgood Marshal. If you haven’t seen Da 5 Bloods, it’s a pretty good Netflix movie. His role is important, but his screen time is not huge.

He was very good as Jackie Robinson in 42. Of course, when I saw that he was not yet a star, and I had no idea who he was.

I was vaguely aware of how much he meant to the African American community for his role as T'Challa, but the outpouring after his death has opened my eyes to it further. Extraordinary that he made those movies (plus several others) while battling cancer. And by all accounts he really was a wonderful human being in addition to a talented actor.

His impact was tremendous in his role as Black Panther. So many of the youth we visit both in our rocketry groups and in our hospital outreach have had him as a role model. His life off the screen was also a good example. He will be missed.

I thought about your hospital out reach when I heard the news.

This one really hit home for me..
He was diagnosed with the same thing I had.
He was diagnosed with it at about the same point in life that I was.
He was told he wouldn't survive what he had.
So was I.

Why am I here and he isn't..
Yes, he was a good man and a nice person..
Adversity will do that to a person..

When someone that young passes,
it hurts those left behind far more than when an elderly person that's expected to pass some day passes..
I'm sure there are many he left behind that are just devastated by his passing..

R.I.P. Chadwick.
Prayers for condolence and comfort for those he left hurting so badly..

Teddy

Yeah, the news of his passing hit me pretty hard, partly because I was unaware of his medical condition. People dying from things they have no control over really sucks.

Thoughts and prayers for his friends and family.

Back